Should I slow my LiteOn 52246S down?

Is there enough of a danger of CD’s exploding at high speed that I should try to slow down my LiteOn 52246S when reading?
If so, what should I run it at during reading and what would I use to control it?

Also I have seen some things about high speed drives having greater Burn reliability when slowed down a bit during writing.

I mostly use Fuji (Taiyo Yuden) 48X CDR’s, although Smart Burn will let me write these at 52X.
What should these be burned at for lowest errors and greatest readability?

I’m looking for Verbatim (Mitsubishi) 24X 700mb CDRW’s but can only find 650mb versions so far in the USA.
Any sources??

Finally, the drive came with 6S0D firmware, should I update to 6S0F or leave it alone?

Sorry for so many questions,
Thanks for all responses.

Is there enough of a danger of CD’s exploding at high speed that I should try to slow down my LiteOn 52246S when reading?

No, that’s an myth. Unless you are using cracked or damaged CD’s, it’s fine.
Suggest you burn at 40x for the highest quality and reliability.
Stick to 650MB RW discs unless you find some Mitsubishi 700MB, nothing else is worth trying.
6S0D is the best firmware available at this time for RW and general purposes.

Yup, I’d stick w/ something like 48x as the highest write speed for the 52246S 6S0D. 6S0F is very buggy, which gives me a max test speed of 31 in CDSpeed. 52x creates errors, including C2s, which 48x gives me optimal quality.