Should I return my Dreamcast?

This has saddened me greatly; I have recently read many articles about how Sega will have almost no new games, about “Death of the Dream” and similar articles…

I bought my DC 2 weeks ago, I have 4 original games and 3 burned games… I am wondering if I should return it and get a broadband connection on PC instead…

But then, my PC gaming passion has died out so PC games don’t interest me much anymore! (Once you got about 230 burned games, you just don’t care anymore)

I’m afraid the same thing will happen with DC and it will be a waste of my money, so should I keep the DC or get broadband for PC?

Get b/band instead. Dreamcast was good but sega feels it will lose out against psx2 and xbox so they have stopped making games. You can do more with b/band anyway.

How much are u paying 4 it by the way ?

For the Dreamcast I paid $120 (3 games incl.), $25 for DC coders cable, most other games free :wink:

For broadband, I would pay:

Free Installation
First 3 promotional months - $19.99
Rest of the months - $25.00 service + $10 modem rental = $35 m.

Or I could buy the modem for $199 and I would only have to pay $25.00 a month. From my friend’s info, he says he gets around 300Kb/sec transfer rates!

I would go for the b/band as long as you can keep up with the payments each month.

What does everyone else think ?

Oy, all my buddies think I should keep the DC, forget the b/band…

They say that the b/band company will jack up prices sometimes for no apparent reason…

They also say that keeping the DC is wiser because they think it will become “a rare collector’s item” since they don’t sell it anymore, etc…

My dad says B/band is a waste of money!

Well, if you REALLY have to choose, I’d pick Bband
But why should you return it, I mean Bband costs a loth more ( installation + monthly payment )
If I were you, I kept the DC, save a little more and get Bband and NO, it is NOT a waste of money! ( what the hell do dads now about internet??? )
btw, there are tons of great games released on DC, much more then you can say about PS2…

Originally posted by Necrom
Well, if you REALLY have to choose, I’d pick Bband
But why should you return it, I mean Bband costs a loth more ( installation + monthly payment )
If I were you, I kept the DC, save a little more and get Bband and NO, it is NOT a waste of money! ( what the hell do dads now about internet??? )
btw, there are tons of great games released on DC, much more then you can say about PS2…

What is the point in spending all your money on a dc when you no its going to fail ??? I mean, I no it has some good games but you will soon have had enough of playing them over and over again. Psx 2 doesnt have many good games at the moment but after a while with your dc you will have wished you had brought a psx 2 or had b/band installed instead !!!

Does anyone else agree with what I am saying ???

You see, my dad knows much about Internet… He is the one who led me to my great knowledge of computers…

He taught me QBasic from his 1000-page college book when I was 7 years old, introduced me to Visual C++ when I was 11 years of age, my dad knows a SERIOUS SHITLOAD about computers… But know he has to turn to me for some know-how :cool:

This is why he says broadband is a waste:

1. Pay $35.00 a month just so you could d/l movies and games?

2. You will waste more time on the net

3. It only lasts a year

Originally posted by DanDaMan1487
[B]You see, my dad knows much about Internet… He is the one who led me to my great knowledge of computers…

He taught me QBasic from his 1000-page college book when I was 7 years old, introduced me to Visual C++ when I was 11 years of age, my dad knows a SERIOUS SHITLOAD about computers… But know he has to turn to me for some know-how :cool:

This is why he says broadband is a waste:

3. It only lasts a year [/B]

:cool: Yeah, ok - You have a good point about the cost , etc.

But only if a faster connection was cheaper :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Originally posted by DanDaMan1487
[B]

3. It only lasts a year [/B]

1. you can also d/l apps & mp3 think of all the money you or your dad is going to safe on not buying cds and over prized developer tools.

2. I got cable and i dont spend anymore time on the net then i used to with 56k. Besides time is never wasted on the internet.

3. Uuh one year ? How come ?

There are still games made for the DC, some good ones 2, so atm i don’t c any reason to hand it over to the shop again