Should I return my A09 and get an A08?

vbimport

Last time I was browsing through posts,
I got the impression that the A08 was actually better than the A09.
I’ve been MIA for a while and I’m wondering if that still holds true.
I jumped on the A09 quickly because I got a really nice deal on it.
So what should I do?

Using latest FW with both burners, A08 is NOT better than A09. Keep it.

Overall i prefered my 108 with hacked FW, but is swapped out few weeks ago and wish i hadn’t, YET but later on.

But if you actually bought the 109 and never replaced a 108, NO i would keep it as it will end up far better with later FW’s.

108’s hacked firmware gives you the chance to burn 4x media @ 8x even @ 12x with good results; also it seems to read better faulty media; overall not a bad unit. And Erdoke, not always latest firmware is the best one you can use!

I only did overspeed 8x media to 16x and then it was only good media i choose as i had 0 issue playing it back on any players.

I wouldnt risk my date on cheaper media or 4x at 12x.

But burning slower is better quality than faster! I.e 4x over 16x

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

Where did you read that crap, in google cache like 4 years old, get out stoneage

Who is gonna buy a 16x writer to do 4x, fact is modern days writing slow causes more distortion to the media due to prolonged heat, so if you got a 16x writer and you use proper 16x media you will have good burns, obv writer/media/FW’s and burning software all can vary.

There is lots of post of this total missinfo here, i burn my dvds at 16x ideally (stuck at 8x on 109 till i get 16x media) and my cdr at 52x and cdrw at 32x in my teac combo.

Yeah, that’s a wrong conclusion. Maybe it counts for “overspeeding” but not in general. :wink:

Poll choice #3, should I update my A09 firmare to 1.40 ?

YES!
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/service/support/article/0,,2076_4249_201803965,00.html#Firmware

Yes and why not do something of your on head for once, and yes you have my permission to got to the toliet :slight_smile:

Flash it to 109 with that noobproof method, look in threads i not gonna look for u.

Why would you flash it to a 109? thats just stupid~! He has a A09 Retail version. Riplock is removed with quiet drive. If you flash to 109 he loses it…

Because i didnt read it correctly i though he had 109 LOL