Should I return my 48x Lite-On?

About two weeks ago I purchased a Lite-On 48x model 125W from newegg to replace my Lite-On 32x that I also bought from newegg. Now I am having concerns over it. First of all, the LED on the front constantly blinks unless I uselessly eject the tray and only when it goes back in does the LED go off. It’s rather annoying to have it constantly flashing like that. The second caveat is that I could get a newer 126S from newegg and simply flash it to 52x. The drive still burns CDs perfectly at 48x regardless.

So what should I do? RMA it, sell it on ebay, or just suck it up and deal with it?

Btw, here is a quick video demonstrating the crazy blinking LED.

Have you tried updating the firmware?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Have you tried updating the firmware?

sorry I forgot to mention that. I updated to the latest firmware yesterday and it still didn’t fix it.

I returned a LiteOn to NewEgg, and I had a replacement just 1 week from the time I dropped it at the post office. Great service!

I had problems with my 48x liteon as well. Newegg took it back no prob. I didn’t want another one because to many people have had problems with this drive. Im waiting on a black 52x.

Originally posted by gamehunter
I had problems with my 48x liteon as well. Newegg took it back no prob. I didn’t want another one because to many people have had problems with this drive. Im waiting on a black 52x.

what kind of problems were you having?

did they charge a restocking fee?

was it also the 125w?

You should try getting the 40125S or 40125W and then overclocking it to a 48125W. You shouldn’t have any problems.:slight_smile: