Should I remove I.E and How?

vbimport

I use M.S. Home Office 2003 for Word/Xcel. Never use Internet Explorer.

When I run security software I E items often come up recommended for removal. They are cleared but return next time I run a scan.

When I run a file search there are lots of I.E. related items.

I highlite and press delete but get a message box :-

‘Error Deleting File and Folder.
Cannot delete Internet Explorer.
It is being used by another person or program’

Q. I am only person using computer and it is not networked / shared.
Don’t know what programs on my computer specifically need I.E.

Please explain and advise in simple terms. Many thanks in advance.

Internet Explorer is basically intertwined into the operating system. It might be possible for an advanced programmer to find a way to completely eliminate it without causing catastrophic damage, but it is not something the average user can attempt.

Look at this entry at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_Internet_Explorer

Yo-

I with Kerry56-

Suggest leaving it alone - as it may have a bunch of shared .dll’s and you could really cause some harm-eh

[QUOTE=parpi;2487707]When I run security software I E items often come up recommended for removal. They are cleared but return next time I run a scan.[/quote] I wouldn’t trust such irrational behaviour of a security software program.

Please explain and advise in simple terms. Many thanks in advance.
You can easily remove (lots of parts) of IE by using the software, windows components option in your configuration screen. While you’re at it you can remove games, terminal, outlook express, etc.