Should I have used the .BUP and .IFO files?

vbimport

I tried to copy a D/L DVD using DVDFab, 1Click DVD Copy Pro (my registered copy) and DVD Shrink, but all 3 came up with an error.

I ran DVD Decrypter and saved all the good files (only 1 was a dud) to my HDD.

When I burnt the DVD using NeroVision Express 3, using just the 4 necessary .VOB files, the two episodes I wanted ran smoothly, but alas, they didn’t have any audio :frowning:

Should I have copied across the .BUP and/or .IFO files also?

If so, which ones should I have copied?

P.S. I also have DVD43 v4.4.0.0 :slight_smile:

[quote=Zippity;2161014]I tried to copy a D/L DVD using DVDFab, 1Click DVD Copy Pro (my registered copy) and DVD Shrink, but all 3 came up with an error.

I ran DVD Decrypter and saved all the good files (only 1 was a dud) to my HDD.

When I burnt the DVD using NeroVision Express 3, using just the 4 necessary .VOB files, the two episodes I wanted ran smoothly, but alas, they didn’t have any audio :frowning:

Should I have copied across the .BUP and/or .IFO files also?

If so, which ones should I have copied?[/quote]
All files are needed :bigsmile:

Bummer.

I only wanted the 2 episodes - not all the other crap that went with it.

How do I decipher the chaff from the hay, so to speak?

[quote=Zippity;2161039]Bummer.

I only wanted the 2 episodes - not all the other crap that went with it.

How do I decipher the chaff from the hay, so to speak?[/quote]
If you are using DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the files to your HDD then you can use DVD Shrink to re-Author the movie/files and select only the parts you want then burn to DVD using ImgBurn :wink: all three items are freeware :bigsmile: and is the best three-some you can have in your toolbox :cool:

Or better yet buy DVDFab Platinum and use customize mode :wink:

BTW…Welcome to the forum :flower:

Customize Split mode in DVDFab Platinum is designed for easy manipulation of episode discs. You can read about it here. The IFO/BUP files are part of the DVD structure. The disc will not play correctly in most players without them.

Thanks for all the feedback :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, I am intrigued as to the meanings/identity of the various file names.

For example, the two episodes were labelled VTS_01_1.VOB through to VTS_01_4.VOB

5.VOB to 7.VOB were for the Special Features

VTS_02_1.VOB was the Film Studio’s title page and so on…

Does the second set of numbers have any relevance, and if so what?

Is there an easy way to identify episode, language, title files etc just from the file numbers?

[quote=Zippity;2161363]Thanks for all the feedback :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity, I am intrigued as to the meanings/identity of the various file names.

For example, the two episodes were labelled VTS_01_1.VOB through to VTS_01_4.VOB

5.VOB to 7.VOB were for the Special Features

VTS_02_1.VOB was the Film Studio’s title page and so on…

Does the second set of numbers have any relevance, and if so what?

Is there an easy way to identify episode, language, title files etc just from the file numbers?[/quote]Not that I am aware of. The second number is the VTS number and the third is a sequential identifier if the VTS spills over into more than 1 VOB file. Your DVD has an unusual structure for an episodic title.