1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

current Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

If I should crank it up some how do I do that? LOL

[quote=AllStar80;2181039]3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

current Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

If I should crank it up some how do I do that? LOL[/quote]
If its working fine now, I would leave it alone, thats an old chipset and probably and old computer, even if you did OC it, that processor is not particularly stable at any other speeds.

It works fine, and is it really that old? Bought the computer brand new about 4 years ago when PCI graphics cards were just coming out, LOL. Put a ATI Raedon x700 in it, cuz that was the only thing available at the time.

I suggest ti leave it like that or you’ll see your computer smoking! as in smoking… hehehe

Lmfao!

The first rule of over clocking is don’t do it if you can’t afford to buy a new computer. If you can afford it then I say go for it. I have overclocked about every processor I have used in the past ten years. Some over clock very well and some don’t. I am currently using a computer with an Intel E6700 CPU overclocked from a stock 2.66 ghz to 3.5 ghz to make this post. It is dead stable and the speed improvement is very nice to have. Plus, it was free for the taking. One thing many people don’t realize it there is no difference between CPUs of differing speed of the same product line they are just tested and speed limited at the factory by locking their multiplier. Also, when done right, over clocking a CPU does not shorten its lifespan.

I’d say it’s 4 years old, why not. I’m sure you can take that P4 to 3.5 or even more. What I would do first though is check the current temp when it idles and when it loads. Clean the HSF. Once that’s done, keep an eye on the cpu temp and slowly bump up the FSB. If it ain’t broke, tweak it.

I really do not think it wise to OC a four year old P4, no sense to it if its working fine now. Most OC gaming computers, you wont see much of a difference anyway.