Short Playtime!

Hi

I am trying to copy a couple of DVD’s namely Shawshank Redemption and Withnail & I. When I run CloneDVD the ‘Video Titles’ window shows only one title - in the case of Shawshank it is 22 minutes and Withnail it is 19 minutes - in other words I can’t see the main movie.

Any idea what is wrong here.

BTW - running legal and latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD

Thanks
Gavin

what happens when you click the middle option of clonedvd?, browse for your original dvd, can you see all the trailers ?

can you do a screenshot of this window, just to see whats there.
like this

& welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Your screenshot is what I normally see - main movie, trailers etc but for these 2 movies this is what I see [see attachment I could not see how to paste screen dump into message !]

BTW I also made a mistake - what I am seeing is tiles of 19 and 22 seconds - not minutes.

Thanks
Gavin

Ah - I see an attachment appears in the post itself !!

there’s another way, have a read here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=179940

back on topic, is this movie your backing up from an original disc ?

Yip - both are from original discs

Gavin

can you rip the movie from the original disc with anydvd ripper, right click red fox icon in task bar and select rip to HDD

I can - sort of !! I end up with 2 .VOB files and when I play them one [313MB] is the movie menu [and nothing happens when you click on the options] the other is 19MB and is the copyright warning trailer.

Gavin

sorry, i’m at a loss with this + i’m away out to watch some football tonight, so hopefully someone elso will come along and help you

Odd … very odd. Do you have two DVD drives? A ripper and a burner, for instance? Try ripping it with the other drive.

Whisperer

Gavinpm -

Could you post the AnyDVD Summary page when you insert this particular DVD Movie Title in your Computer DVD devise?

BeLooken

BeLooken means a screen shot like this

TBH, i bought this DVD in the UK (where i live) and i thought it would have been PAL format, but as you can see it’s NTSC :confused:

Bjproc -

I though all Region 2 Commercial DVD Movies were in the PAL Video Format. I guess I was mistaken.

BeLooken

PS- I guess that “Football” game was actually a Soccer Match !

Try to switch off the option “copy protection based on unreadable sectors” in AnyDVD. I believe it is the same bug James has mentioned in the AnyDVD forum.

Region 2 NTSC is usually used in Japan.

Thanks for all your responses - I am back at my PC now and will go through each of them and post back results soonest

Gavin

Hi BeLooken - screen shot as requested

Gavin

Hi Tru - that’s the one - did as you suggested and all is good.

Many thanks all members for your help

Gavin

thanks Tru,

i was wondering about that myself. i bought it from Amazon.co.uk

no, wrong guess, i was watching football, where a ball is kicked with the feet, hence the name, that game your on about is more like rugby :stuck_out_tongue:

:bigsmile: