Shop4tech's sonic 1x dvd-r any good...?

Never ordered from this place. Saw some cheap dvd-r’s here and it has free shipping. Think there is an 10% off coupon somewhere and you get a free gift if you buy $75 or more.

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2119&cata=&s_cata=

Anybody bought these dvd-r before and you are able to burn anything more than 1x? Thanks.

Probably 1x Princo, will burn at 2x in most drives, but not very well. I’d pass unless they are 50 cents or less. But some players won’t read them.

Well, I don’t know about the 1X but the 4X -Rs are junk. Half of the disks my burner won’t even recognize right off so are un-burnable, and the ones that do seem to take forever for the drive to recognize. (Plextor 708A)

The 4X ID as “LONGTEN001”

Originally posted by kador
[B]Well, I don’t know about the 1X but the 4X -Rs are junk. Half of the disks my burner won’t even recognize right off so are un-burnable, and the ones that do seem to take forever for the drive to recognize. (Plextor 708A)

The 4X ID as “LONGTEN001” [/B]

Oooo, I heard of bad stories about longten001. Did you buy them off from that place? I had princos and they burn okay at 2x in my liteon 411s.

The -R 4X LONGTEN001 media are the SONIC DVD-R media bought from Shop4tech.

I think I paid .59 each, wasted $29.50 on a 50 spindle.

I’m lucky if half of them will burn.

Hmmm, so I should avoid the 4x ones and I guess if my stock runs low, I will buy the 1x ones…