Shop 4 Tech customer service

Just received my order today from shop 4 tech. I ordered 100 ct of Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 16X. So I open the box and see that there are two 50 ct cake boxes inside. Think nothing of it at first, figured they were out of 100 ct. Took the discs out of the box which were not labeled anywhere (no name printed on the packaging) and put one in my burner. Disc came up as CMC MAG M01. Called Shop 4 Tech customer service and told them they sent me the wrong order. Representative on phone told me its no big deal most companies use other companies to manufacture discs. So i told him that TY would not use this crap. He told me just to burn like 6-7 discs to see how they are. Can you believe this crap. Now I have to get on the phone with Manager tomorrow

I would raise he__ if you know what I mean, if they were advertised as Ty , you should get no less.

believe me I will. Rep tried to blow it off like it was no big deal

Hi nooch1768 and welcome:

Take a look at this recent thread. It gives CDF members an opportunity to rate retailers but the thread must be created by a moderator.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/new-forum-experiences-online-retailers-250011/

You might want to request a thread for shop4tech.

Taiyo Yuden is a manufacturer, not a brand name. When you buy Memorex, (or as I call them, Memowrecks) the discs won’t have a “Memorex” MID, they’ll be CMC MAG, or, if you’re lucky, Prodisc. Even in Japan, TY retails their media as “That’s.”

Taiyo Yuden only sells media directly in bulk, i.e. packs of 100 or more, and this media will be unbranded.
If you sought out Taiyo Yuden media and bought some on the clear understanding that said media was Taiyo Yuden, they had no cause to send you that 4th rate crap instead. TY would certainly never have authorised them to do so, of that I am certain.

Obtain a refund by any means necessary. Then do a Google Products search for 8x Taiyo Yuden.

My $0.02

Thanks for the info SeanW

Hi nooch1768,

I have bought most of my unbranded Taiyo Yuden from http://www.rima.com without issue in the past.

They have a stellar reputation…

NBK

Yeah NBK I was just looking at Rima and think I’m just gonna ask shop4tech for refund and order from Rima. Thank

Hey nooch1768,

You can also try http://www.genesysdtp.com/ if you are looking Taiyo Yuden 50-packs. I have them used once for some TYG02.

NBK

[QUOTE=nooch1768;2120841]Took the discs out of the box which were not labeled anywhere (no name printed on the packaging) and put one in my burner. Disc came up as CMC MAG M01. Called Shop 4 Tech customer service and told them they sent me the wrong order. Representative on phone told me its no big deal most companies use other companies to manufacture discs. So i told him that TY would not use this crap. He told me just to burn like 6-7 discs to see how they are.[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable. It doesn’t get any dumber or possibly dishonest than that.

As others have stated, Rima is the most reliable consumer distributor/retailer of Taiyo Yuden in North America. They are second to none. They are a bit more expensive, but they only carry premium Taiyo Yuden, meaning that it’s genuine, and in cakeboxes as specified. They do NOT carry any of the value-line media that is tape-wrapped, and they will get your order right.

The other place you could look at is SuperMediaStore. They are also pretty good for TY, but be sure to only get the premium media in cakeboxes.

[QUOTE=nooch1768;2120841]Just received my order today from shop 4 tech. I ordered 100 ct of Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 16X. So I open the box and see that there are two 50 ct cake boxes inside. Think nothing of it at first, figured they were out of 100 ct. Took the discs out of the box which were not labeled anywhere (no name printed on the packaging) and put one in my burner. Disc came up as CMC MAG M01. Called Shop 4 Tech customer service and told them they sent me the wrong order. Representative on phone told me its no big deal most companies use other companies to manufacture discs. So i told him that TY would not use this crap. He told me just to burn like 6-7 discs to see how they are. Can you believe this crap. Now I have to get on the phone with Manager tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Hmm Shop4Tech should be more carefull. Specially with TY, because this situation can bring them in problems.

Here’s an update on their great customer service. Filled out the RMA(return merchandise authorization) form on their website like they asked me to. Explained on form my problem and waited for response. I have to give them credit they responded pretty quickly, I believe it was the next morning. Anyway, got an email from them and this is what they said, “Thank You for using our RMA online service and we sincerely apologize for your problem. You wrote that you received CMC MAG M01 and we’re not sure what kind of media so please use free software from dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com and let us know again more details of: manufacture ID, DVD-r or +R and the speed rate as 16X or not” Now is it just me or should’nt the response have been more like, we apologize for the mix up in your order and are sending out the correct media that you ordered 100ct of TY. Here is the info for you to send back the CMC blank media that we mistakenly sent. Once again our apologies. What does it really matter what media type or speed these discs I have are when theyre not even manufactured by the same company I ordered. This is starting to get ridiculous

All the more reason to request a thread so you and others can rate them and review how they conduct business.

If they keep acting stupid, you might consider reporting them to Taiyo Yuden as misrepresenting the sale of TY’s products:

TAIYO YUDEN (U.S.A.) INC.
Chicago (Sales Headquarters & Midwest Regional Sales) Office
1930 North Thoreau Drive, Suite 190
Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 U.S.A.
Phone: 847-925-0888
FAX: 847-925-0899

TAIYO YUDEN (U.S.A.) INC.
San Diego (Southwestern Regional Sales) Office
440 Stevens Avenue, Suite 300
Solana Beach, California 92075 U.S.A
Phone: 858-350-6800
FAX: 858-350-6846

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2121918]All the more reason to request a thread so you and others can rate them and review how they conduct business.[/QUOTE]

Threads can be requested here in the Bargain Basement: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/new-forum-experiences-online-retailers-250011/ :slight_smile:

Edit: Thread added here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f162/shop4tech-251970/