"Shoot Em Up" unreadable

Shoot Em Up and The Kingdom are showing up unreadable when trying to backup. I’ve tried anydvd, clonedvd, dvdshrink, dvdfab!!! Is there a work around? The discs play just fine, so it must be a new encryption.:sad:

Because I’m getting “dvd file structure wrong” warnings, I’m going to try Ripit4me that I saw mentioned in some other threads. Is this similar to anydvd in that it runs in the background? Anything else I should try?:confused:

i was able to copy shoot em up using dvdfab40.35beta versionthis worked for me after having no success with rip it for me

good luck

Thanks Blacknub I’ll try it tonight :slight_smile:

"dvdfab40.35beta " (I used DVDFAB HD 40.35beta)was a NO GO! I even updated the firmware on my Sony 810A still no. It stops reading about half way through and then flags either bad disc structure or unreadable disc. I couldn’t backup The Kingdom either.:sad:

[QUOTE=soothsayer;1967573]Because I’m getting “dvd file structure wrong” warnings, I’m going to try Ripit4me that I saw mentioned in some other threads. Is this similar to anydvd in that it runs in the background? Anything else I should try?:confused:[/QUOTE]
Ripit4me has nothing in common with Anydvd. No, it does not run in background.
Dont know id Ripit4me works for this particular movie, but it works fine for all but a handful of movies… So give it a try. Its free, unlike Anydvd.

you have to disable autorun, anydvd does that automatically, but other apps don’t

i had no problem using anydvd and dvd shrink

[QUOTE=blacknub;1967754]i was able to copy shoot em up using dvdfab40.35beta versionthis worked for me after having no success with rip it for me

good luck[/QUOTE]

i disagree with you. i tried fab 4035 & 6 beta and i get the problem report screen. do you have any suggestions?

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1968719]you have to disable autorun, anydvd does that automatically, but other apps don’t

i had no problem using anydvd and dvd shrink[/QUOTE]

I disabled autorun with GPEDIT (part of XP Pro).

Didn’t I?

I know it can also be disabled through the Registry, but I believe that’s simply redundant. It appears GPEDIT sets the autorun value to 0 in the Registry.

The disc itself can’t bypass what’s set through GPEDIT or the system Registry, can it?

Anywho, RipIt4Me can’t handle the Region 1 “Shoot 'Em Up” DVD. It gets flooded with errors that end up crashing it.

Sorry, but I can’t seem to simply edit the last post.

So poor ol’ RipIt4Me gets knocked out by a long string of read errors. Sucks. I’ve relied on that program for a long time now.

The latest beta (4.0.3.6) crashed shortly after its first launch, apparently when I selected “Main Movie.” But it did not crash the second time I launched it; rather, it came through with flying colors.

I’ve not looked at this program in over a year. It seems to have evolved a bit.

I will be weighing DVDFab Platinum against AnyDVD. It will probably come down to who supports their software the best and stays on top of necessary updates.

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;1969744]I will be weighing DVDFab Platinum against AnyDVD. It will probably come down to who supports their software the best and stays on top of necessary updates.[/QUOTE]

The support for either of these programs is second to none so you’d be better weighing them up on the basis of functionality and which software best suits your own individual requirements.

RipIt4Me still copes with almost all titles though so it’s not quite dead in the water yet. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have been able to get a partial backup with AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and Clone DVD. The disc has multiple VOB files with the same name so I cannot get the extras, just the main files.

[QUOTE=Wombler;1969907]The support for either of these programs is second to none so you’d be better weighing them up on the basis of functionality and which software best suits your own individual requirements.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

From what I’ve read here, it would seem the developers are in a competition of sorts, aggressively resolving issues with new protection schemes. Thank Heaven for that, because developers often grow stagnant without direct competition.

I love DVD Shrink and DVD Rebuilder. Which program works best with these two? Obviously, I need something that replaces the one-two punch of RipIt4Me and FixVTS, if protections are going to continue evolving.

[QUOTE=teh roxxors;1969952]From what I’ve read here, it would seem the developers are in a competition of sorts, aggressively resolving issues with new protection schemes. Thank Heaven for that, because developers often grow stagnant without direct competition.

I love DVD Shrink and DVD Rebuilder. Which program works best with these two? Obviously, I need something that replaces the one-two punch of RipIt4Me and FixVTS, if protections are going to continue evolving.[/QUOTE]

Either works well with DVD Shrink/DVD Rebuilder.

If it’s purely a ripper you’re after then the free DVDFab HD Decrypter will do all you need.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1968719]you have to disable autorun, anydvd does that automatically, but other apps don’t

i had no problem using anydvd and dvd shrink[/QUOTE]

Where do I disable autorun? What software are you talking about? AnyDVD will not rip movie to hd…no disc in drive. I tried both beta versions and results are the same.

[QUOTE=Hitech;1970027]Where do I disable autorun? What software are you talking about? AnyDVD will not rip movie to hd…no disc in drive. I tried both beta versions and results are the same.[/QUOTE]

If you have Windows XP Professional, click on Start\Run… and type in gpedit. GPEDIT allows you to disable autorun permanently for all your drives. Just navigate to the setting as follows:

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\”Turn off Autoplay” (Enabled)

If you have XP Home, you can also manually edit the System Registry. Just Google “autoplay XP home” and you’ll find out how.

If you have Vista, I imagine you can Google an answer, too.

Some software can prevent autorun IF the software has already been started before you insert your media into the computer. But what if you forget to start it beforehand? There are discs out there that will install all sorts of virus-type nastiness if they get a chance to autorun. Best to permanently disable autorun via GPEDIT or the System Registry (using REGEDIT).

WOW, 15 posts I guess I picked a hot topic. So after all whats working? By the way I don’t have AnyDVD on autostart and I’ve only been using it with DVDshrink and Clonedvd, DVDfab HD is used standalone. I haven’t tried Ripit4me. I even tried just Anydvd which has a rip it to hd feature. My backups are just to hard drives.

I had success with DVDFab Platinum’s (beta 4.0.3.6) Main Movie setting on Windows XP Pro. RipIt4Me will not work.

Just been informed by a friend, who is also in R#1, that RipIt4Me would not work on this for him, but the latest DvdFab HD Decrypter had absolutely no problem handling it.

Thanks, I’ll try DVDFABHD again using main movie instead of full dvd.