"Shoot 'Em Up" Copy Protection

Hi Everyone. I purchased a coipy of a DVD one week ago, “Shoot 'em Up”.

I wanted an archival back-up, but the backup programs I have all fail. On the PC: RipIt4Me, DVD HD Fab, and on the MAC, Mac The Ripper.

Has anyone here made a back-up ? What’s the method to back up this DVD ?:a

Can you put it on the PC, enable viewing of hidden files, and see if there’s an autorun.inf and some executable file on the root directory, both hidden?

[QUOTE=Phoenix '97;1968073]Can you put it on the PC, enable viewing of hidden files, and see if there’s an autorun.inf and some executable file on the root directory, both hidden?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply.

The following are seen:

Audio_Ts folder
Jacket_P folder
win folder
autorun.mcl file
ialaunch
iti
MAC_DVD_ROM.dmg
common folder
VIDEO_TS
AUTORUN
disc.id
install (chain loader for legacy)
iti_st1
readme

I also tried the latest DVD HD FAB released today. It hangs up my PC.

I can see files in the VIDEO_TS folder, but that VIDEO_TS folder is 11 GBs !!! Never have seen that before.

Rev 13 of MacTheRipper warns that BUP and IFO size not the same. REV 14 of MTR just crashes and reads nothing.

DVD HD FAB gives additional info if you need it.

This MUST be a new form of protection. This DVD was released a week ago.

Does any of this help you ?

I just read in the DVD Fab Forum that two members copied this DVD when PATHPLAYER was set to “always enable” BUT they were using the latest PLATINUM version, not DVD HD Fab.

Will try that with DVD HD Fab first. Why not always leave PP enabled ?

Welcome MacPCConsultants,

please don’t double post and continue in the original thread where you already posted and you may add the info from your third post here. Thread closed.