SHM 165H6S not reading burned data DVD+Rs

vbimport

Hi, I am having a problem with my LiteOn SHM 165H6S; it is not reading my data DVD+Rs. Actually, I should say it is having trouble reading them. It is 50/50; sometimes it will read perfectly well, other times it will try to read and then make a loud buzzing noise that lasts for about 1 1/2 seconds and then just give up. This is very irritating.:a Strangely enough though, my backup PC, also equipped with an SHM 165H6S, reads them every time. I am using DeepBurner (Free edition), which has always worked for me for audio and data CDs. I have looked around on the web and the forums, but mostly to no avail. What do you think the problem is?

Thank you much in advance,

~Daniel Alitalia

Maybe the drive is toasted. Take the drive out of one pc and try it in another and see if the problem persists.

Ok so I re flashed it and thought it was fixed for a second - it read the first DVD I tried to load. Then I tried another and it was back to square one. I put it in my other PC and had the same problem. So this means for sure that my drive is toast? Or is there any other explanation?

Thanks in advance,

~Daniel Alitalia