SHM-165H6S HS0E High CPU Usage/ Slow Burning Problem

Hi everyone, I’m new to the board so bare with me for my first question/problem. I bought this Lite-On back in November and had no problems with it. In Feb. I did have any dvd’s so I didn’t burn anything I was on ripping my audio cd’s onto my hard drive. A couple of days ago I get some blank dvd’s to burn movies and data off my computer when I notice the unusual amount to cpu power being used and the fact that it was burning slow as hell. This is a first since I had the drive. I burns at about 2.6x out of 8x which is the most the disc can be burnt with. and my cpu output is at 100%. I’ve tried the nero cd-dvd speed thing and it took like 30 minutes to finish with it using up 100% of cpu power. Can someone please help me with this problem? Its driving me crazy

Hi and Welcome!

it seems as if your drive is not running in DMA mode anymore. Please read this thread for further advice: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616
Also make sure, your drive is connected by an 80 wired 18" (46 cm) flat ribbon IDE cable.

Michael