[QUOTE=cholla;2052742]I just got off the phone with Office Max online Customer Service.I asked if locai Office Max stores were required to 'Price Match" Online Office Max prices.The CS representative said the local stores are NOT required to do this. It is the local store option.[/QUOTE]
Posted directly on their web site, as it has been for years:
As long as you bring in a printout of the web item showing the price, and maybe, if you want to CYA, this policy, you should not be denied:
Low Price Guarantee
If you find a lower price at another retailer, in an OfficeMax store, OfficeMax catalog or OfficeMax.com, we’ll match the lower price instantly subject to the following conditions:
* [b]Price will be honored when you buy the item at OfficeMax[/b] or within 14 days after your OfficeMax purchase.
* Item must be identical, including brand, model number and U.S. warranty; for private brand, components, packaging and specifications must be the same.
* Price and availability must be verified. [b]Bring in, fax or email any current advertisement or competitor's price[/b]. Competitor must have item in stock and available for purchase at matched price.
* All available coupons and rebates will be deducted from the OfficeMax price before determining the price match. We will match point of sale prices only, excluding mail-in rebates and gift cards. If offer includes a free or discounted item, we will match only if OfficeMax carries the identical item.
* Delivery charges are added when matching competitor's catalog or internet prices
* Exclusions - Prices found at the following are excluded from our Price Match Guarantee:
o Local or special events
o Close-out or clearance sale prices
o With special financing
o With a bonus or free offers
o One-of-a-kind limited quantity offers at OfficeMax or any competitor
o Companies without a physical store location in the U.S.
o Products and services by third party providers
o Custom products
o Build-to-order computers
o Typographical errors at OfficeMax or any competitor