Sherlock Holmes/Stare At Goats (Standard DVD)

vbimport

For info–
Using Fab 6.2.2.0, successfully backed up (full disk) Sherlock Holmes and Men Who Stare At Goats.
Sampled both on a standalone DVD player and seemed fine.

[QUOTE=Miami;2501591]For info–
Using Fab 6.2.2.0, successfully backed up (full disk) Sherlock Holmes and Men Who Stare At Goats.
Sampled both on a standalone DVD player and seemed fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info :smiley:
have you tried with v7020 ?

No - haven’t tried any of the 7XXX releases. Except for “New Moon”, 6.2.2.0 works fine. Too many people are reporting computer problems with 7xxx for me to try it now and even with 7xxx there was a problem reported backing up full disk “New Moon” so I’ll just wait on 7xxxx to shake out.
I had sent in the files to “New Moon” a week ago.

[QUOTE=Miami;2501622]No - haven’t tried any of the 7XXX releases. Except for “New Moon”, 6.2.2.0 works fine. Too many people are reporting computer problems with 7xxx for me to try it now and even with 7xxx there was a problem reported backing up full disk “New Moon” so I’ll just wait on 7xxxx to shake out.
I had sent in the files to “New Moon” a week ago.[/QUOTE]

OK was just curious, as far as any problems with v7 I guess I still fall under the category as being one of the lucky ones :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up Miami :bigsmile: It’s all good to know

Yes thanks for the info as I just got my copy of Sherlock Holmes today but decided to pass on The Men Who Stare at Goats. I did get 2 other movies not due out until the end of the month though

Where can I get the 6.2.2.0 version? In only have 6.2.1.8. Thanks.

[QUOTE=brendajc;2506051]Where can I get the 6.2.2.0 version? In only have 6.2.1.8. Thanks.[/QUOTE] send me a pm with your email address in it and I will send it to you

Stare at goats was a waste of money IMHO

Thanks, Jimbo, but I was able to locate DVDFAB 6.2.2.0 and still was not able to make backup of the Sherlock Holmes main movie:sad: I may try doing the full disc and see if that works.

[QUOTE=brendajc;2506155]Thanks, Jimbo, but I was able to locate DVDFAB 6.2.2.0 and still was not able to make backup of the Sherlock Holmes main movie:sad: I may try doing the full disc and see if that works.[/QUOTE]

What kind of issue are you having ? also since this movie is available on both standard and Blu-ray need to know which one your trying to backup ?

The movie is a standard dvd and I was not able to backup either the full version or just the movie. The problem I am having is after the dvd has been read and when I insert a blank disc to backup the movie–it says “failed to burn, want to try again” and will not burn even if I try again and again!! I am using a Verbatim dvd and had no problem when I made backups of other movies. Thanks.

[QUOTE=brendajc;2506169]The movie is a standard dvd and I was not able to backup either the full version or just the movie. The problem I am having is after the dvd has been read and when I insert a blank disc to backup the movie–it says “failed to burn, want to try again” and will not burn even if I try again and again!! I am using a Verbatim dvd and had no problem when I made backups of other movies. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do you get any error code?..ie…105, also if you still have the ripped files on your system please check the size of the folder…

Myself I think I’ll just wait until a fix comes out as I’m in no hurry, It seems like more and more movies are protected this way

Backed up both titles with Fab 7.0.3.0 with no problems.

My problem is still unresolved and I notice that others are experiencing the same. Yes, I did get a Task_2 failed! Error = 105 which appeared after the failed burning of the dvd. The problem with compressing the file does appear to be the problem as has been mentioned and that you are working on it. The file size I found was 5595 which dvdfab did not compress to 4300 as was shown No matter which version I try, it does not work. Thank you.

It does appear that this one seems to backup to HDD with no problems .The problem is getting it to disc…As brendajc stated DVDFab is not compressing it down to a single layer disc, it stays at 5595 mb Full disc,movie only , it does not seem to matter.

Odd thing with V.7, I have had no problem backing up either movies one in BD the other DVD,
but what is happening when I insert disc is it opens my WMP, and starts to play the movie, this never happened with earlier versions, not a big deal just thought I would throw it out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

See my post on this which started this thread. I just don’t get it. What are people using to try to compress? Are they ripping it using Fab to compress? I never do that – always rip the whole disk if possible unless it’s got new protection and only the main movie can be ripped at best. DVD Shrink has never let me down when compressing a full disk and saving as an ISO.
Are people taking out unneeded audio streams, subtitles, etc. because Shrink doesn’t compress audio files.

[QUOTE=Miami;2506522]See my post on this which started this thread. I just don’t get it. What are people using to try to compress? Are they ripping it using Fab to compress? I never do that – always rip the whole disk if possible unless it’s got new protection and only the main movie can be ripped at best. DVD Shrink has never let me down when compressing a full disk and saving as an ISO.
[B]Are people taking out unneeded audio streams, subtitles, etc.[/B] because Shrink doesn’t compress audio files.[/QUOTE]

Yes…and try ripping as DVD-9 to the hard drive (no compression) then use DVD Shrink, try using FixVTS prior to shrink