Sherlock Holmes ISO file

vbimport

i made an iso file of Sherlock holmes to burn
with imgburn cannot find it although extra space
has been used on my hard drive
how do i find it made it usng dvd srink

Open any disc or files in DVDShrink.Then select Backup.
The location of where DVDShrink put the last file should be in
DVDShrink/Backup/Target Device/Select target folder for DVD output files:

backup does not show where previous iso files are
at least i cant find it

It should have the location.Like in this image.
When finished the .iso is in drive K:\ & named CIRQUE_DU_FREAK.ISO

I believe they are located in Local Disk C: or Local Disk C:-Users-(Yourname)-My Documents.

The ISO should be named after the movie that showed up when you ripped it

In my case I selected a partition on my external harddrive but what ever the location is it should be in the “Select target image file” window.It should show the location of the last .iso ripped or backed up.
So unless the OP has done more since the Sherlock Holmes.iso & chose a different location for those it should be in that location.

nothing there cannot find it
thanks

Then try using your windows search. I suggest Sherlock Homes.iso
Or *.iso unless you have a lot of .iso’s on your computer.

[QUOTE=sammd70;2507465]nothing there cannot find it
thanks[/QUOTE]

As AGJ stated in post #5 when using DVD Shrink to produce an ISO image and burn with ImgBurn the ISO image is saved to the C drive, open my computer and then open the C drive it should be listed just below the windows folder…

Sammd70 you have to understand Files and Folders, if you made an ISO File of Sherlock Holmes it should have that name with the extension ISO. Like it was said, it defaults to the C: usually My Documents. If you don’t know about Files and Folders your Explorer File Manager could hide the extensions, so you have to learn how to change this setting. :cool:

I did some testing with DVDShrink.
Unless you did something to change the location where DVDShrink places the file it should be in C:\ . Probably as Sherlock Homes.iso .
This is if you Opened the files from your C:\ harddrive partition or from your DVD drive.
I don’t have my C:\ drive partitioned so I can’t say DVDShrink would default to another partition on it if the files were opened with DVDShrink were in a different partition on it.
If you use an external harddrive like I do to write the DVD backups to before using DVDShrink,Then the default location in DVDShrink will be that partition on the external harddrive. That is why the image I posted shows the K:\ partition on my external harddrive.
I’m not using DVDShrink much anymore I’ve opted to use DVDRebuilder instead for compressing. It takes longer but the quality is better. Of course a lot of movies off a DVD disc don’t need compressing if main movie only is ripped. I don’t use DVDRebuilder for those.
This is the DVDFab / DVD Region+CSS Free subforum & we have been discussing other software , but the OP posted both ImgBurn & DVDShrink in the first post.
I took it he ripped the movie full size with DVDFab free like many people do.Then compressed it with DVDShrink & will burn it with ImgBurn as many do.So I think these fit in this subforum as part of the way people use DVDFab free. So DVDRebuilder should be OK here too since it is another way to compress the full size files.
If using DVDRebuilder :It can’t open an .iso file.The .iso needs to be mounted in a Virtual drive.Then DVDRebuilder can compress it from there.

not there ive looked and looked
tried search in every way cannot find it it used almost 4 units of space

[QUOTE=cholla;2507631]I did some testing with DVDShrink.
Unless you did something to change the location where DVDShrink places the file it should be in C:\ . Probably as Sherlock Homes.iso .
This is if you Opened the files from your C:\ harddrive partition or from your DVD drive.
I don’t have my C:\ drive partitioned so I can’t say DVDShrink would default to another partition on it if the files were opened with DVDShrink were in a different partition on it.
If you use an external harddrive like I do to write the DVD backups to before using DVDShrink,Then the default location in DVDShrink will be that partition on the external harddrive. That is why the image I posted shows the K:\ partition on my external harddrive.
I’m not using DVDShrink much anymore I’ve opted to use DVDRebuilder instead for compressing. It takes longer but the quality is better. Of course a lot of movies off a DVD disc don’t need compressing if main movie only is ripped. I don’t use DVDRebuilder for those.
This is the DVDFab / DVD Region+CSS Free subforum & we have been discussing other software , but the OP posted both ImgBurn & DVDShrink in the first post.
I took it he ripped the movie full size with DVDFab free like many people do.Then compressed it with DVDShrink & will burn it with ImgBurn as many do.So I think these fit in this subforum as part of the way people use DVDFab free. So DVDRebuilder should be OK here too since it is another way to compress the full size files.
If using DVDRebuilder :It can’t open an .iso file.The .iso needs to be mounted in a Virtual drive.Then DVDRebuilder can compress it from there.[/QUOTE]

Actually cholla fengtao has released a new product that still in beta stage called DVDFab Passkey and it works on the fly so you can use those other outdated programs or programs that do not remove copy protection

@ AGJ , I’ve heard of DVDFab Passkey but I haven’t checked it out yet.I guess I need to.

[QUOTE=sammd70;2507653]not there ive looked and looked
tried search in every way cannot find it it used almost 4 units of space[/QUOTE]
If the iso is not showing up anywhere the go to start and do a search for all programs and files. If that search comes up empty click see more results to go advanced search and do a search of computer. I not sure What OS you have so not able to give more details as I have Windows 7 Ultimate and have one iso that does not show when I do a search but when I do an advanced search it shows up.

@ sammd70 , I hate to ask this but just in case .
Did you have Hard Disk Folder selected instead of ISO Image file ?
This would have created a folder with a VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folder inside.

just regular iso file cannot find it

[QUOTE=sammd70;2507992]just regular iso file cannot find it[/QUOTE]

Have you tried doing a search for any and all .iso files ?
also have you tried using “Folder Option” under “Tools” there is a option on the view tab …ie…show hidden files/folders :slight_smile:

found it using advanced search as suggested by your board
thanks again to all of you for your heip

[QUOTE=sammd70;2508005]found it using advanced search as suggested by your board
thanks again to all of you for your heip[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear you found it :clap: just a suggestion here but next time you may want to see where it will be saved before starting the process :slight_smile: