Shelf life of blank CD-R media

I have some Taiyo Yuden blank cd-r’s that are around 4-5 years old.
Are they useable or not worth the risk?

Thanks.

Shouldn’t have any problems if they stored properly. I have used 8yr old Verbatims and Kodak that burn and scan well. Just burn one and see.

I’m not sure exactly how old they were, but I burned some 12x Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs two years ago and they turned out fine. 12x was the fastest burning speed around when I bought them.

yeah, they should be OK, presuming you didn’t store them in the sunlight or something.

[QUOTE=will27;2452741]I have some Taiyo Yuden blank cd-r’s that are around 4-5 years old.

that’s a tough call.I not sure.HMMM…!I know! Why don’t you send them to us and we’ll do some disc scans that will be viewable on-line
and we’ll send you a brand new MyCE T-shirt in exchange
if you have alot of them,we could probably score you a Best Buy gift card and elevate you membership status!
Ask your friends if they have any Taiyo Yunden discs! If they send us their stockpile ,we will make you Captain of the Frisbee team!

:cool: feel free 2 delete this or? turn it into the best idea ever
trade in your old dusty Taiyo Yunden discs and we’ll send you back
some shiny new Ritek brand

:eek:(better yet Hey Kidz! trade in that old gold jewelery 4 iTunes cards:bigsmile:)

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2454727][QUOTE=will27;2452741]I have some Taiyo Yuden blank cd-r’s that are around 4-5 years old.

that’s a tough call.I not sure.HMMM…!I know! Why don’t you send them to us and we’ll do some disc scans that will be viewable on-line
and we’ll send you a brand new MyCE T-shirt in exchange
if you have alot of them,we could probably score you a Best Buy gift card and elevate you membership status!
Ask your friends if they have any Taiyo Yunden discs! If they send us their stockpile ,we will make you Captain of the Frisbee team!

:cool: feel free 2 delete this or? turn it into the best idea ever
trade in your old dusty Taiyo Yunden discs and we’ll send you back
some shiny new Ritek brand

:eek:(better yet Hey Kidz! trade in that old gold jewelery 4 iTunes cards:bigsmile:)[/QUOTE]
Even better, I’ll give you all these crappy plasmons, in exchange for a lifetime supply of Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs :bigsmile:

Yeah, sunlight is a CD-Rs worst enemy! I left one in the window sill, the reflective layer oxidized, and it was a TY disc!