SHD-16S1S Firmware

vbimport

Does this drive use the same firmware as the P1S?

Lite-on’s site doesn’t list any for the S1S, yet I saw that one of the omnipatcher changelogs mentions support for this drive. Is there firmware floating around that someone ripped straight from the drive itself?

bump

And if there is pre-made RPC-1 firmware for this drive, I would love a nudge in the right direction.

:a

And if there is pre-made RPC-1 firmware for this drive,
For real Liteon drives, there isn’t any RPC1 firmware needed
I would love a nudge in the right direction.
Search for Kprobe or Ltnrpc. :bigsmile:

Michael

First of all, I haven’t seen any reports of user experiences using either of those utilities with my particular drive model. I’m not willing to eat $30 being a guinea pig and I’m not willing to lie and RMA a drive that I knowingly fucked up. All of which is why I inquired about RPC1 firmware and not an RPC1 utility.

Second of all, my original post had 30 views and went a week without reply. If your judgement is that I should have let it linger on page 3 or cross-posted, you can kiss my left nut. :bigsmile:

Please relax and check your vocabulary.

Liteon drives do not need patched firmwares to become RPC1 drives. The tools tell a Liteon drive to behave as a RPC1 drive. Because of this built in firmware feature there are no RPC1 patched Liteon firmwares.

Thank you for the informative reply. And my vocabulary is directly correlated to the level of condescension and hostility detected in others’ posts. Without provocation, no relaxation or checking of vocabulary is needed.