Shave a few megabytes off a vob?

I’ve converted my video to dvd format on my hard drive, but it’s barely over 4.7 gb. Is there a way to shave a few megabytes off one of the vobs, or maybe just the avi, without doing anything too complicated?

If it’s in DVD format (Vob files) you can use DVD Shrink.

:iagree: Yep, it’s extremely simple to use, in your case you can either compress the whole movie to fit the disc, or if you’re in a hurry, you can cut some of the end credits, for example.

If you use Vobblanker you can delete individual cells without compression.
http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

Ok, I’ve tried DVD shrink, using open files and opening the video_ts folder on my hard drive, but it keeps saying it cannot open the vts_01_0.ifo file. The last dvd I did was almost identical except smaller, and when I burned it it worked fine in a dvd player, and I didn’t use dvd shrink. When I go to re-author and use the dvd browser, the video_ts folder doesn’t even show up.

Try to use the activated “OverBurn” function of your burner and see if that works otherwise let DVDShrink compress it by %10 which won’t be noticeable and then burn it.

Overburning a DVD would not work in 90% of all cases. :wink:

We don’t even know the used burner model.

Try running the dvd through FixVTS. It sounds like there may be a problem with dvd structure.