Sharing files

vbimport

They're all being gathered like a herd of sheep to be slaughtered. One by one..they eat dust. Audiogalaxy went down. Man, we got less than a handful left. this sux. KaZaa..don't go..

I’m looking forward to the death of Kazaa…

Edonkey forever!

I am looking forward to people actually buying the music, instead of leeching it off the net.

Perhaps te music industry will find a way to distribut music legally without a lot of costs, so prices can be more acceptable than they are now.

donkey…use it for sharing…

and start a server…we need servers…

(winmx seems to have some nice files too)

i buy al my music…but i hate paying…22euro’s for a cd…

LOL

What does it matter if Kazaa dies? Lets all be very honest now if Kazaa does die there will merely be other applications that do the same thing in no time at all.

I would like to agree with you taxman that maybe if piracy was heavily reduced the costs of purchasing legitimate music, software, whatever would decrease.

But unfortunately it would seem the men who control these companies see one thing and one thing alone $$$$. If they know you will pay for it they will charge you for it.

Sad really, maybe one day companies will actually think more about their customers rather than the size of their customers wallets.

Filesharing is for the weak. A true Pirate would use Newsgroups or pubs. Anything else is to slow in speed of downloads and to slow in the ability to get stuff right when it appears on ISOnews.com But i do agree, people should pay for their music and movies and games. Support the people that bring you the joy.

Filesharing is for the cheap.

Many free news servers don’t have the bandwidth to let you download all the things you want (which I wont discuss here).

When my old provider went down, I stopped most downloads from newsgroups.

I love sharereactor, though. Kind of like a quality-tester.

sharereactor and filenexus

if you configure he donkey in the right way…you can have a few movies or games a week

i’m a direct connecter myself, as edonkey doesnt like my internet setup. i say, if they want me to pay 50 $ for the shit they put out, i’m damn sure gonna see that i like it first.

we just walk into the stores and steal all the cds. WOW! now that’s my dream. That way we won’t download music off the internet.

well yes, if kazaa does die…there will always be another application. that’s so true. But i’m kinda stuck to this application, kazaa…just like i was to napster. i sound like a freak i know…but i get personal about these things.

P2p is the best thing to have happened to the human race.

personally, i think donkey kong was the best thing to happen to the human race.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]I am looking forward to people actually buying the music, instead of leeching it off the net.

Perhaps te music industry will find a way to distribut music legally without a lot of costs, so prices can be more acceptable than they are now. [/B]
what is the actual law on mp3 and other file sharing?

btw, at the end of the day, who is all this file sharin actually hurting ?

i agree we should pay for music…but i saw this advert on this website the other day for a company called rapsody or something like that and they said you pay a fee and you can download songs as much as you like in the month you paid for.
Never used Edonkey but i did download bearshare once and hated it and when audiogalaxy but their filter on it ruined me downloading so im off out to Cd Shops to buy the cd’s…

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]what is the actual law on mp3 and other file sharing?

btw, at the end of the day, who is all this file sharin actually hurting ? [/B]

Check the copyright laws…
When you buy the original, you won a license to that particular song. When you download it without having the original, you don’t own a license and are therefore illeaglly possessing that particular song, hence in violation of copyright laws.

ANd who is it hurting?
That is a lengthy discussion, some say nobody because they feel they buy more cds now than they did ever (try before you buy argument).
But when you don’t buy the original albums, no money will go to the record comapny and the artist and when they both don’t get money, they will not be inclined to make more music and you will have no music to download anymore…so in the end you are only hurting yourself.

Yeah well, musicians do not get their share of the pie no more maybe… but that’s what’s gonna happen to all anyway…it’s just that the showbiz is the first to suffer…no not suffer…experience the phenomenon. The revolution. They’re the first to get affected by the revolution. Well…that’s cool. What more…file swapping is cool. Be it kazaa(though it’s my fav), ag, grok, gnu… man.

actually, tax, sometimes you dont even get the license. you only bought the information. you still must approve the license (EULA) before you are allowed to do anything with it. personally, they should make u sign something before u purchase anything, in my opinion. clicks just dont seem legally binding to me :smiley:

Well as the title states - it was very interesting,it was on this week on the money program about whom its cheating etc…

However i was surprised to see how pop groups etc and filmakers supported filesharing !!:bigsmile:

Remember when they brought out the video recorder !!!
Remember when they brought out the cassette recorders !!!

All this crap was flying around then and alot of you on here dont remember because your to young !!! TAXMAN !!

What it does do is open up bigger markets for other products to be made and sold !!! And guess what yes SONY ETC are the biggest hippocrites going ! they scream about downloading free music —BUT— Guess what they now make millions on YES MP3 PLAYERS CD WRITERS DVD PLAYERS !!!

So this filesharing is around 20 to 30 years old now.And just another thought would it be wise by the record companies to BITE the HAND that feeds them!!!

Anyway must calm down now going to listen to some OLD 8 TRACKS… HEHE Remember them you needed a telephone box to play them in.

Thank god for technology !!!

Just Remember the PC is another new Recorder thats ALL…
What did you put your 7 inch singles on to play in the bedroom or car !!!

Originally posted by shuebhussain
what is the actual law on mp3 and other file sharing?

So far as mp3 and other audio is concerned, it’s illegal both in your country and mine and so is making copies of or ripping tracks from audio cds that you own.

@Philamber

The ripping is illegal???

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]@Philamber

The ripping is illegal??? [/B]

In oz and uk, definitely. Don’t know about copyright laws in your country.