Shareaza introduces Gnutella2 - and many more improvements

I just posted the article Shareaza introduces Gnutella2 - and many more improvements.

The developers of Shareaza have announced their latest version, 1.7. This version introduces the second development stage of the Gnutella network, Gnutella2 (G2). Gnutella has been the first…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4837-Shareaza-introduces-Gnutella2---and-many-more-improvements.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4837-Shareaza-introduces-Gnutella2---and-many-more-improvements.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They really have made great improvements in gnutella. Shareaza also supports Partial File Sharing and TigerTree Hashes to verify each part of the file as you download. With the addition of Ultrapeers gnutella is now VERY scalable. Shareaza also supports links (just like edonkey). These are called magnets. Shareaza can also use edonkey links to search the gnutella network (so you can use Sharereactor.com with Shareaza). Also, you can expect an emule plugin for shareaza soon so that file will be pulled off the ed2k network. If your not using a gnutella client you really should go see how far gnutella has come.

You forgot to say that this version is not “1.7” but “1.7 Pre-Release”.

well, I have my doubts about “outperforming fasttrack”, but still, it sounds interesting. maybe I’ll install it and try. old gnutella sucked, but now, even if the new version is better, we have to wait till it becomes widespread, otherwise it’s useless, if there are only people with old clients out there

well, I have my doubts about “outperforming fasttrack”, their techniques better, but kazaa has a larger userbase, which results in still more search results we have to wait till it becomes widespread, otherwise it’s useless, if there are only people with old clients out there Wait a month or two before trying it again, otherwise i am sure you are disappointed and you will go back to KaZaA. Shareaza is currently the only program supporting gnutella2, the official specs have got to be released first. I think we can only say that the network has improved when we got a lot more clients that have implemented gnutella2