SH-S223F with SB01 patched problems

vbimport

Killing multiple dual layer discs at a time is starting to get expensive! I have two SH-S223F drives with SB01 patched that keep failing randomly.

Anyone else having issues with SB01 patched and dual layer burning?

Somtimes mine works fine, and sometimes it stops in the middle (usually at or around the layer change, but not always). When it fails, the drive spins up to full speed (normally at 4x for a DL burn with the Verbatim discs I’m using) and hangs indefinitely. I have had other failures that are different, but the one described is the most frequent.

Reads seem to be fine, although I noticed that SB01 tends to go slower when ripping DL video than SB00/ST00 did.

I’m going to swap SATA cables tonight, but with the reads performing fine, I doubt that is the problem. These are connected to a 790i MB.

SB01 is pretty new, but I assumed that the patcher worked ok with it based on other feedback.

I just burned five Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x at 4x without any problems, using the SH-S223F with SB01 firmware. Your drive might be broken, I already broke one before and got it replaced.

Sounds good - Just swapped my SATA cables, so we’ll see how it goes. At least I now know that it should work…

[QUOTE=n0xlf;2139448]Killing multiple dual layer discs at a time is starting to get expensive! I have two SH-S223F drives with SB01 patched that keep failing randomly.

Anyone else having issues with SB01 patched and dual layer burning?

Somtimes mine works fine, and sometimes it stops in the middle (usually at or around the layer change, but not always). When it fails, the drive spins up to full speed (normally at 4x for a DL burn with the Verbatim discs I’m using) and hangs indefinitely. I have had other failures that are different, but the one described is the most frequent.

Reads seem to be fine, although I noticed that SB01 tends to go slower when ripping DL video than SB00/ST00 did.

I’m going to swap SATA cables tonight, but with the reads performing fine, I doubt that is the problem. These are connected to a 790i MB.

SB01 is pretty new, but I assumed that the patcher worked ok with it based on other feedback.[/QUOTE]
i’ve just flashed my s223f w/ sb01 patched fully, and i did have a read problem, but i tried the same disc in another drive and also got the read problem, (ripping a video disc). so far the sb01 patched has had no other problems. FYI…:cool:

no problems here.

burned 4 verbatims DL at 10x without any problems :slight_smile:

I think it was a SATA cable…Seems to be good now, although read speed is definitely slower than SB00 for dual layer DVD ripping. SB00 would go full speed all the way through for the most part, but SB01 never does, even with pristine DVDs…