SH-S223F instaed of a S203B...wtf?

vbimport

Hi ppl,

I received the new sammy yesterday although I ordered the 203. My questions is: is this worth keeping, as I cant really decide based on what I read so far, or should I send it back to get the 203?

Input will be appreciated very much?

Btw, which drive do you guyz mostly prefer for ripping DVD’s. I need something that can read moderatly scratched discs. Thx!

Welcome to CDF.
Personally as a reader/ripper can see very little between the 203 & 223.
However as a burner the 203 is the better of the two.
Although f/w update may redress this in the future.
So if you just to want to read /rip then not worth the hassle of changing really.
Stick with the 223.
However if burning, then maybe the 203 is the best option.
(No guarantee that f/w will make any such improvement, to the 223.)
If you to play safe/dealer hasn’t got any 203’s.
Go for a Pioneer 215/216, or the NEC 72** series.

[QUOTE=h3ndr1x;2115027]Hi ppl,

I received the new sammy yesterday although I ordered the 203. My questions is: is this worth keeping, as I cant really decide based on what I read so far, or should I send it back to get the 203?

Input will be appreciated very much?

Btw, which drive do you guyz mostly prefer for ripping DVD’s. I need something that can read moderatly scratched discs. Thx![/QUOTE]

if you want to patch the firmware with codeking’s samsung patching tool (see post http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/patch-utility-samsung-mtk-based-dvd-writers-v3-4-0-new-242508/) you will not beable to use the increase read speed for dl discs with the s203b, only with the s223, the patch is not available for the 20x writers, only the 22x, and i beleive the 18x writers. just a thought… I have both a s203n (s203b w/lightscribe) and the s223f, I think they are about equal, except the firmware is not updated for the s223 yet…:cool: