SH-S223F firmware ID01?

vbimport

Hi!

I just got this drive in india and it comes with firmware version ID01. I guess its some india specific firmware (as stated on samsung ODD). My question is, that is this firmware better for the media available in india? And also, can i flash to the SB series?

Hi,[quote=kalpik;2154715]I just got this drive in india and it comes with firmware version ID01. I guess its some india specific firmware (as stated on samsung ODD).[/quote]I was wondering about this “for India” firmware also :confsed:

My question is, that is this firmware better for the media available in india?
No idea. But media sold in India is also available world wide (like MBI), so this media should also be supported in the “global” firmware.
EDIT: I just compared the media lists of ID01 and SB01 with MCSE. There is no difference in media support.

And also, can i flash to the SB series?
If you are ready to void your warranty: Yes. Just have a look into the FAQ I mention in my signature.

Michael

Thanks a lot for the answers :slight_smile: So i can easily cross flash to the SB firmware right? Apart from warranty there is no other issue? (If i have to claim warranty, i can easily flash back to ID01 before giving it in). So the drive is basically the same drive as the one with SB firmware? I’m asking again, just to make sure i don’t end up with a bricked drive :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=kalpik;2154962]Thanks a lot for the answers :slight_smile: So i can easily cross flash to the SB firmware right? Apart from warranty there is no other issue? (If i have to claim warranty, i can easily flash back to ID01 before giving it in). So the drive is basically the same drive as the one with SB firmware? I’m asking again, just to make sure i don’t end up with a bricked drive :P[/QUOTE]

yes
With flashing there is always the possibility of something going wrong.
yes

Here is a guide to “no check” flashing if needed. Make sure you have the correct drive and firmware when using “no check” > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2108550-post459.html

And of course all members are not responsible for bricked drives :slight_smile:

I’m aware of the risks involved in flashing. I’m also aware that other people are not responsible if i somehow get a bricked drive :slight_smile: I just wanted to be sure that the SB firmware is compatible with my drive, so that i don’t end up with a bricked drive for sure :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for clarifying that.