SH-S203N PnP Problems

OK guys need your skills to assist with in getting my nifty new S203N up and running.

I am running a Asus P5B and just installed my new S203B but a driver conflict will not allow access:sad:. Device Manager lists Error Code 32. At first glance, it appears it is a MS XP dirver conflict but after some research, it may be a problem with the ICH8 SATA controller. One forum stated I should update the iaahci.INF. I am not sure what to do so any help you can provide is appreciated.

Tibernot

[QUOTE=Tibernot;1947496]OK guys need your skills to assist with in getting my nifty new S203N up and running.

I am running a Asus P5B and just installed my new S203B but a driver conflict will not allow access:sad:. Device Manager lists Error Code 32. At first glance, it appears it is a MS XP dirver conflict but after some research, it may be a problem with the ICH8 SATA controller. One forum stated I should update the iaahci.INF. I am not sure what to do so any help you can provide is appreciated.

Tibernot[/QUOTE]In the BIOS do you have your SATA set for IDE?

Yes… just for grins I also tried AHCI which created errors in ICH8 drivers in device manager.

[QUOTE=Tibernot;1947524]Yes… just for grins I also tried AHCI which created errors in ICH8 drivers in device manager.[/QUOTE]Are you using RAID? I have that same board and using 3 SATA drives no problem including a S203B.

Look in the device manager and see if your using MS drivers. I use MS drivers.

Hi,[QUOTE=Tibernot;1947496]
I am running a Asus P5B and just installed my new S203B but a driver conflict will not allow access:sad:. Device Manager lists Error Code 32. [/QUOTE]Please try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;1947535]Hi,Please try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Michael[/QUOTE]yeah i didn’t think of upper and lower filters :flower:

But this is code 32 :confused:

Hi,[QUOTE=rolling56;1947539]yeah i didn’t think of upper and lower filters :flower:
But this is code 32 :confused:[/QUOTE]Code 32 is also covered.

:iagree:

[QUOTE=mciahel;1947544]Hi,Code 32 is also covered.
:iagree:[/QUOTE]I’ll take your word for it :cool:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1947526]Are you using RAID? I have that same board and using 3 SATA drives no problem including a S203B.

Look in the device manager and see if your using MS drivers. I use MS drivers.[/QUOTE]

Interesting… I will try mciahel’s MS link. I am using MS drivers. I figured I would have to hack the registry. I appreciate the help and I will report back after the edit.

Again, much appreciated for the advice…Samsung tech support was dumbfounded, guess thier little database hasn’t seen this one yet. Also, I could not find the S203N on thier product registration site.

Tiber

I had to manually edit the registry as the guide was not available. I just rebooted and the drive came up as normal. Thanks a bunch for the assist. Time to go play and put it through the paces.

[QUOTE=Tibernot;1947604]I had to manually edit the registry as the guide was not available. I just rebooted and the drive came up as normal. Thanks a bunch for the assist. Time to go play and put it through the paces.[/QUOTE]:cool: glad you got it working :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Tibernot;1947496]…One forum stated I should update the [B]iaahci.INF[/B]. …[/QUOTE]Looks like $ntel Matrix or whatever RAID drivers to me. If you want to run optical drives hooked on ICH8 you better leave that Matrix crap out.

ICH8 SATA channels configuration in bios; “Enhanced”+“IDE” (manual 4-15). :wink:

[I]Off topic.[/I]
Note, Asus also used MA/SL naming on SATA connectors earlier. On mew mobo models this “wrong marking” has gone.

Good point. I thought about running a RAID array at one point but have been so busy with school that I have not really played with it since building the machine over a year ago.