SH-S203N hangs

vbimport

I need some help…

I just bought the SH-S203N newegg and installed it yesterday. I have been using DVDFAB for at least a year and a half on my system(win xp 32) and had no problems until I installed this drive. This is the sata drive I have had in my system. Is SATA the issue or is it something else? I also had to flash it using sfnwin.exe to change it from region 2 to region 1.

So when I start DVDFAB(latest version) it starts to scan for media in the drive and just hangs, or it scans it fine and when its ready to burn it just hangs…

Anyone have any idea why?

Help would be greatly appreiciated!!!

Hi and Welcome!

since you suspect your Sata controller might be the culprit, please provide information about the Sata controller you are using and its configuration in BIOS.

[I]post moved to new thread[/I]

[quote=mciahel;2027593]Hi and Welcome!

since you suspect your Sata controller might be the culprit, please provide information about the Sata controller you are using and its configuration in BIOS.

[I]post moved to new thread[/I]
[/quote]

Im not sure exactly what your looking for. I have a evga 780i motherboard and are on the default sata settings. Its in the sata controller 6 spot. If that is any help…

Hi,[quote=phenom4426;2028088]Im not sure exactly what your looking for. I have a evga 780i motherboard[/quote]I had to use Google then - this mainboard has a Nvidia chipset (and Sata controller of course)

and are on the default sata settings. Its in the sata controller 6 spot. If that is any help…
If you don’t have a RAID setup for your HDDs, make sure, the Sata controller is set to IDE mode (whatever it is called in your BIOS - check the manual for further information). Then try latest Nforce drivers for your chipset from www.nvidia.com

Michael

I finally called EVGA and the rep told me that the nVidia chipset that is on the motherboard has known issues with lightscribe burners. That they are working on it but the only thing to do is wait… so ill return it and get the SH-S203B