SH-S203B help please

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203B / TS-H653B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am having problems with this burner. With Nero 7 and I was having trouble finalizing the disk about 50% of the time, so I switched to ImgBurn and it was better, but would have trouble finalizing the disk about 25% of the time. I then updated my firmware from SB01 to SB03, but now my 16x dvdrs will not write faster than 4.0x for some reason. I tried SB04 and it seems to have the same write speed limitation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

What discs are you using? The latest problem (only 4x burning) sounds like a possible firmware support problem for those discs.

To help us further diagnose the problem, could you download and run CD-DVD Speed (or DiscSpeed, as the version that comes with Nero is called).

Put one of the discs into your 203B, then go to the “Disc Info” tab in CD-DVD Speed.

There you will find the MID info - please post that for us. :slight_smile:

Hi,[quote=atlas2;2169796]I am having problems with this burner.[/quote]My standard question:
What Sata controller is used for the drive, and how is it configured in Bios setup?

Michael