SH-S203B Firmware

vbimport

Greetings Dee-27,
I’m a regular reader, but new poster to this site.
I obtained the latest Samsung S-SH203B firmware update which is marked SB03 directly from Samsung helpdesk.
Can I upload it somewhere on cdfreaks?

-mapperboy

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome onboard mapperboy. :iagree: :clap:
See this [B][U]thread:[/U][/B] Post # 54 in particular.
This is where most (if not all) f/w links go…:cool:

Thx,
Yeah, when I got the 203B recently my MKM001 Verb branded DLs which I had been writing for a few months at 8x on a Sony DRU-830A would only be recognized as 2.4-4X write capable. The 203B will go 8x on Maxell (ritek) DLs however they are ‘certified’ 8x. The 203B however will go 16-18x on SL Verbs or Maxell (Ritek) cheapos and produce good playable discs. Amazing how the firmware/hardware/media-certified-speed combos from different manuf. are all over the map with these DL capable drives. It’s all in the firmware allowable speed table, right? When I was communicating with Sony and LG they at least had some firmware tables to consult, NOT Samsung, they claim to know nothing (at the Canadian helpdesk).
Now that Blu-Reek is the defacto standard I wonder how that burner/speed game will evolve.

hi and welcome![quote=mapperboy;2010142]
I’m a regular reader, but new poster to this site.
I obtained the latest Samsung S-SH203B firmware update which is marked SB03 directly from Samsung helpdesk.
Can I upload it somewhere on cdfreaks?[/quote]No need for that since that version is available on Samsung website.

[I]+++ split from SH-S203B review thread+++[/I]