SH-S203B dead please help

vbimport

I just downloadad SB04 firmware from samsungodd.com
somehow inside the file there is sb07 firmware for S182d. there is a copy in the above link for reference. I didn;t notice that and forceflashed it. the drive is now showing a constant green light and firmware revision shows as Boot. no matter how many times I flash it it’s still the same. The green light even flashes while writing firmware, is there anything I can do to revive it.

Sorry to hear this. Here we go with Sammy website. I’ve been waiting for this for a few days. I have no idea what to tell you. I would be on the phone to Sammy and give them heck about it. Demand a new burner.

[quote=Bob;2065406]Sorry to hear this. Here we go with Sammy website. I’ve been waiting for this for a few days. I have no idea what to tell you. I would be on the phone to Sammy and give them heck about it. [B]Demand a new burner[/B].[/quote] Sometimes a little sugar will get you more than spice. Me, I would be nice and explain what happened, you can always [B]demand [/B]later. Maybe try and forceflash back.

tried to with all kinds of flashers and firmwares. Is there a rebadge clone of it? so that it might have a different flasher?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2065408]Sometimes a little sugar will get you more than spice. Me, I would be nice and explain what happened, you can always [B]demand [/B]later. Maybe try and forceflash back.[/QUOTE]Well Alan will you do the honors and explain how to do a no check flash please. When i post (which is just once) my post got deleted…

Have you restarted the computer & tried reflashing during any of this?

yeah, everytime and I left if without power for a couple of hours. but no use it just lights up and stays like that as soon as I connect the power

What are you talking about, I see no posts deleted in this thread. Why would someone delete your posts for giving a little advice? :confused:

Alan will post how to do it i hope for you.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2065429]What are you talking about, I see no posts deleted in this thread. Why would someone delete your posts for giving a little advice? :confused:[/QUOTE]Ask Michael

If Michael made a decision I am sure he had his reasons, as for forceflashing, the OP said that was how he got the wrong firmware in the first place so I assume he can do it again.:cool:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2065434]If Michael made a decision I am sure he had his reasons, as for forceflashing, the OP said that was how he got the wrong firmware in the first place so I assume he can do it again.:cool:[/QUOTE]No. This person needs to use “no check” SFDNWIN or no check TSDNWIN flasher with the correct .bin Alan. So post how to do it or PM this person so they can fix their drive.

[QUOTE=zerocool_;2065426]yeah, everytime and I left if without power for a couple of hours. but no use it just lights up and stays like that as soon as I connect the power[/QUOTE]Here read this > http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=3091.0 Scroll down to the last 2 posts. It’s one way of doing it.

To get the correct .bin you need to download/find the correct f/w. Right click on the f/w and extract the flasher and the .bin.

Delete my post if needed…

or if your comfortable with using a DOS Prompt then do it that way.

I used the -nocheck flag to originally flash it. thats how I killed it.

[QUOTE=zerocool_;2065447]I used the -nocheck flag to originally flash it. thats how I killed it.[/QUOTE]lol then use it again with a 203B f/w :wink:

I wonder why you would do that in the first place? If this doesn’t work then do what i said in post #2

Hi,[quote=zerocool_;2065401]I just downloadad SB04 firmware from samsungodd.com
somehow inside the file there is sb07 firmware for S182d.[/quote]I can confirm that. For some reason, they lost overview and published 182D firmware as 203 :eek: on samsungodd.com/eng
The download from the [I]korean [/I]location (samsungodd.com/kor) was good. At least when I checked recently.

I didn;t notice that and forceflashed it.
This wasn’t a good idea at all. Don’t ignore the warnings unless you know what you’re doing.
the drive is now showing a constant green light and firmware revision shows as Boot. no matter how many times I flash it it’s still the same. The green light even flashes while writing firmware, is there anything I can do to revive it.
If the drive shows as Boot, then it isn’t finally dead. Have you tried forceflashing original 203B firmware?
Depending on your Sata controller, you might also try flashing under real DOS. Instructions are given in the [B]Read First[/B] about flashing Samsung ODD firmware.

Additionally, I would contact Samsung support. Don’t expect them to replace your drive since you did override the hardware check built in the flasher.

Michael

The drive accepts the stock firmware directly and the flasher flashes the drive without any problems. I mean the original firmware in this case from rev: SB01 to SB03. inspite of all this the drive restarts and it is still struck in the BOOT mode. is there any way to command the drive to boot from the firmware present in the rom ? . I have a feeling that the S182d firmware has spoiled the addressing of the rom’s location or something. is it possible? BTW I am going to call samsung today and see what they can do about it.

Hi,

since the 182 is a P-ATA drive and 203 is S-ATA, there might be something seriuosly messed up :eek: Try flashing in safe mode.
Also, you might try flashing in real DOS.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2065622]
Depending on your Sata controller, you might also try flashing under real DOS. Michael[/QUOTE]
Does Sfdndos.exe support SATA drives too?
Thanks.

Hi,[quote=NewFish;2066300]Does Sfdndos.exe support SATA drives too?[/quote]Dell ships sfdndos with their D400 firmware for TS-H653B (which is a OEM 203B). :slight_smile:

See also here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/samsung-s20xx-sony-dru-840a-fast-burn-fast-read-patched-firmware-228687/index12.html#post2061498 and the following posts.

I am not sure if there are controller restrictions present, maybe the flasher does not work with add-on Sata controllers or with Sata controllers that run in AHCI mode.

Michael