SH-S203B and Nero buffer problem

I tried re-installing my mobos Intel chipset driver (945GC) & going into the bios & changing the UDMA setting to the highest it would go for this drive (UDMA5,was set to Auto)
Cannot fill device driver as before using ImgBurn, max burn speed is only 2X :frowning:

Stick with “Auto” setting for UDMA mode in Bios.
Additionally, you might try to burn in safe mode.

And since you have a second drive installed, there is another idea: Get a live Linux CD (suggestion: http://www.kanotix.com/changelang-eng.html) this comes with K3B, a Nero-like CD/DVD burning application. So you can test drive your Samsung with having ruled out any Windows related issues.

Michael

Strangely enough, I installed DVDFab5 yesterday. During installation, it asked me if I wanted to enable DMA for DVD drives for better functionality. I said yes, of course completed install rebooted , & now the drive will hold it’s buffer as before.
However , I had checked all settings in BIOS , Device Manager, etc & all were set correctly to DMA prior to installing DVDFab
So what caused this?

[quote=CBC;2220168]Strangely enough, I installed DVDFab5 yesterday. During installation, it asked me if I wanted to enable DMA for DVD drives for better functionality. I said yes, of course completed install rebooted , & now the drive will hold it’s buffer as before.[/quote]Nice, you got it sorted :slight_smile:

However , I had checked all settings in BIOS , Device Manager, etc & all were set correctly to DMA prior to installing DVDFab
So what caused this?
I guess, the setting was “DMA if available”. But what was the current transfer mode?

Michael

current transfer is UDMA5 - which is what it was set to before DVDFab entered the scene. weeeiiirrrrd

And I’ve already ordered a new LG drive from Newegg

oh well…:disagree:

[quote=CBC;2220226]current transfer is UDMA5 - which is what it was set to before DVDFab entered the scene. weeeiiirrrrd[/quote]I agree - this IS weird :confused:

i think that the problem are programs like emule or utorrent, that use the tranfer rate of hard disks
try without any of these program in background and see if the problem persist!

[QUOTE=djsolidsnake86;2220739]i think that the problem are programs like emule or utorrent, that use the tranfer rate of hard disks
try without any of these program in background and see if the problem persist![/QUOTE]

Not in my case. I NEVER run any other programs when burning any media.
Nor do I use any file-sharing apps at all.

i closed all programs, and the burn velocity was very slow! i don’t know why happen this!