SH-S203B and Nero buffer problem

i have this problem:
when i burn a disc with nero, when arrive to 50% of burning, i see that the buffer slowly go from 100 to 0-10, then return to 100% slowly and again to 0-10…
so the burning take more time!
what can be this problem?
i see that on emule when i have this problem, there are strange numbers on the coloumn “time remaining” like 495000 days on all downloads…
i don’t know if is related, but i see that on emule very time i have this problem!
please help, and sorry for the bad english!
ps. i have the firmware sb04

this is the emule problem (related to slow buffer)
http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=emulean2.jpg

Might want to give ImgBurn a shot & if that fails post a log.

http://www.imgburn.com/

also with imgburn the speed go slow

Post something useful like the imgburn logfile.

now i will try to use ashampoo burning and the official emule version
i don’t write image file, so i can’t use imgburn!

That’s news to me about ImgBurn, but you go ahead, do what you have to do.

http://www.imgburn.com/

sorry, i will also try imgburn
what do you think i must use between ashampoo and imgburn?

ps. with imgburn where can i set the temporary folder?

[QUOTE=djsolidsnake86;2214673]sorry, i will also try imgburn
what do you think i must use between ashampoo and imgburn?

ps. with imgburn where can i set the temporany folder?[/QUOTE]

?

There isn’t one.

imgburn don’t use temp folders?

Nope.

Strange…
i’v a 223F and suddenly i’ve the same problem too.
it’s almost new and was working ok till today,
now buffer level acts weird and goes all the way from 100 to 20 constantly, therfore cannot burn faster than 2.5X …
tried some good versions of nero 6&8 , latest imgburn , different media types . fresh clean win install… have latest (SB02) fw…
i can see there’re more people with the same problem everywhere now…
anybody has any idea what’s going on??

Assuming you have your Sata controller configured as “IDE” (recommended), then please check if DMA is enabled.

With Sata drives, checking the cables is another good idea.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2216798]Assuming you have your Sata controller configured as “IDE” (recommended), then please check if DMA is enabled.

With Sata drives, checking the cables is another good idea.[/QUOTE]

yes, here

Try to update your chipset / sata / IDE controller drivers, by downloading them from your mainboard’s manufacturer website or from the chipsets manufacturers website.

[QUOTE=GigaHT;2216761]Strange…
i’v a 223F and suddenly i’ve the same problem too.
it’s almost new and was working ok till today,
now buffer level acts weird and goes all the way from 100 to 20 constantly, therfore cannot burn faster than 2.5X …
tried some good versions of nero 6&8 , latest imgburn , different media types . fresh clean win install… have latest (SB02) fw…
i can see there’re more people with the same problem everywhere now…
anybody has any idea what’s going on??[/QUOTE]

the latest firmware is sb04
i have sb04 and same problem :frowning:

Hi,[quote=sosa2006;2217210]Try to update your chipset / sata / IDE controller drivers, by downloading them from your mainboard’s manufacturer website or from the chipsets manufacturers website.[/quote]for troubleshooting driver related issues, it is recommended to set the Sata controller to “IDE” in Bios and use MS default drivers instead of manufacturer drivers. Especially Nvidia drivers are reported to be buggy.

But since the drives did work before, I suspect hardware related issues. So I would check the DMA mode (depending on the driver that is used); current transfer mode should be UDMA-5. Additionally checking the event log for drive or controller related errors is recommended. Often it is enough to replace the Sata cable.

Michael

you mean from the bios?

Very strange…I’m having a similar problem with this drive (my second one, the first did the same exact thing after a time)
Trying to burn a DVD+R w/ ImgBurn, and device buffer keeps dropping to 0 & up again, then back, so burn speed won’t go above 2.5X.
SATA cables were brand new both times, drives worked great for about 6-8 months, then basically become useless. My 2nd SATA drive , an Optiarc , is older than both of them were & still works flawlessly. Don’t think I will spend $$ on Samsung again.

now i have the same problem with ashampoo
crazy!