SH-S203 Overburning

The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.

[quote=chef;2036195]The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.[/quote]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…:rolleyes:

[I]EDIT: Posts moved to new thread[/I]

Off topic. [QUOTE=chef;2036195]The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up chef. :slight_smile:
But, I’ll believe it first I see it done in a real burn. That pick shows only simulations (and we cant be sore that yuden-t03 is done on a Sammy burner because CD Speeds stores overburn test data by default).[QUOTE=mciahel;2036243]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…[/QUOTE] Not that different from what I’ve learned. Ofcourse firmware file [I]name[/I] and drive string in firmware file can differ though. :wink:

I’m still convinced, sofar MediaTEK based drives are not designed for [or able] overburning.
[I]End off topic.[/I]

Dee-27 already posted overburning not working on S203B drives in here review, LINK.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2036243]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasnt sure about, and I also found no useful thread about the 203D. Sorry.

Yup, for DVD-R that looks all too theoretical to be true…

OK, just tested dvd overburning with Plextor DVD-R & DVD+R.
As expected, wont work.

Learning by doing it. :smiley: Thanks chef.
Hope you learned something new today. To bad you wasted a high quality Plextor DVD disc though… :sad:

In Nero CD/DVD Speed you can simulate overburning, (with reserved track function enabled, this is actually what it’s all about., heh).
BTW, don’t get fooled by the window telling you “with this type of disc” because no other DVD+R disc will do the trick either.

MediaTEK overburning, sofar nogo. :disagree:

Yup, thought about simulation, but I decided to perform a REAL test. :wink: