SH-S203 Overburning

vbimport

The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.

[quote=chef;2036195]The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.[/quote]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…:rolleyes:

[I]EDIT: Posts moved to new thread[/I]

Off topic. [QUOTE=chef;2036195]The 203D can overburn DVD according to this.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads up chef. :slight_smile:
But, I’ll believe it first I see it done in a real burn. That pick shows only simulations (and we cant be sore that yuden-t03 is done on a Sammy burner because CD Speeds stores overburn test data by default).[QUOTE=mciahel;2036243]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…[/QUOTE] Not that different from what I’ve learned. Ofcourse firmware file [I]name[/I] and drive string in firmware file can differ though. :wink:

I’m still convinced, sofar MediaTEK based drives are not designed for [or able] overburning.
[I]End off topic.[/I]

Dee-27 already posted overburning not working on S203B drives in here review, LINK.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2036243]203[B]D[/B] is a different drive than the 203[B]B[/B] this thread is about…:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasnt sure about, and I also found no useful thread about the 203D. Sorry.

Yup, for DVD-R that looks all too theoretical to be true…

OK, just tested dvd overburning with Plextor DVD-R & DVD+R.
As expected, wont work.

Learning by doing it. :smiley: Thanks chef.
Hope you learned something new today. To bad you wasted a high quality Plextor DVD disc though… :sad:

In Nero CD/DVD Speed you can simulate overburning, (with reserved track function enabled, this is actually what it’s all about., heh).
BTW, don’t get fooled by the window telling you [I]“with this type of disc”[/I] because no other DVD+R disc will do the trick either.

MediaTEK overburning, sofar nogo. :disagree:

Yup, thought about simulation, but I decided to perform a REAL test. :wink: