SH-S202N Firmware for slower burning

vbimport

I’d like to try to burn at lower than the x16 (for CDR) setting that seems to be the minimum for just about any disc I have tried, I’d like to burn at x8 or x4. Does anyone know of firmware that will allow this?

[QUOTE=Chris_T;2027763]I’d like to try to burn at lower than the x16 (for CDR) setting that seems to be the minimum for just about any disc I have tried, I’d like to burn at x8 or x4. Does anyone know of firmware that will allow this?[/QUOTE]

16x burn on the samsung, has pretty good results, i know cause i’ve burned about 100 cds @16x.
At least with burnnn i couldn’t set to slower speed.

[quote=rakter;2028202]16x burn on the samsung, has pretty good results, i know cause i’ve burned about 100 cds @16x.
At least with burnnn i couldn’t set to slower speed.[/quote]

Thanks rakter, I have found that discs burned at 16x seem to be OK so far but my new CD player (Rega Apollo) suggests burning at a maximum of 8x to be sure that it can read the discs. Some older discs that may have been burned at a higher speed are not recognised by it. Maybe I’ll stick to 16x and see how I get on.

What burning software do you use rakter?

[quote=Chris_T;2028217]

What burning software do you use rakter?[/quote]

Ahh I see it’s burnnn. I haven’t come across that one. I’ll do a search for it.

Hi,[quote=Chris_T;2028217]Thanks rakter, I have found that discs burned at 16x seem to be OK so far [/quote]These Samsung drives are rather good CD writers, so there is no need for low speed burns. Even 24x or 32x is fine.

but my new CD player (Rega Apollo) suggests burning at a maximum of 8x to be sure that it can read the discs.
High jitter (often related to higher burn speeds in combination with poor media and mediocre CD writers) is mostly the reason if a dics can’t be read by standalone players. What matters also, is the media that are used. Stick with known good quality media (I prefer discs made by Taiyo Yuden), and you should be fine, even at higher speeds than 16x.

What burning software do you use rakter?
Software doesn’t matter normally.

Michael

[I]Somewhat off topic.[/I]

Software doesn’t matter normally.
After more then 20 years with CD burning we all know the commands for burning a CD disk are all the same.

There might be some minor differences like buffer burning app is using, but in general I wouldn’t even use a word like “normally” because here we speak about established burning command standards.

But as an simple newbie answer, I can in some extent agree with you. :wink:

I had some software bugs in mind;)

[I]Off topic.[/I]

I’ve been with CDburnerXP for the last 6 years or so now, but I’ve hard time to recall we ever had a bug in CD burning software since then.
But then maybe you’r referencing to some other apps experiences*. :wink:

*= I can recall some Fedora CD burning bugs… but not that many members here seems to use Linux/UNIX CD/DVD burning apps. :flower:

[quote=pinto2;2028593][I]Off topic.[/I]

I’ve been with CDburnerXP for the last 6 years or so now, but I’ve hard time to recall we ever had a bug in CD burning software since then.
But then maybe you’r referencing to some other apps experiences*. :wink:

*= I can recall some Fedora CD burning bugs… but not that many members here seems to use Linux/UNIX CD/DVD burning apps. :flower: [/quote]

I get a few coasters with the previous version of CDBurnerXP but not with the latest version

Thread closed since there is too much off-topic.