SH S202J jump track when burn DVD

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S202J / TS-H652J. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I got this new burner one month ago. first, it burned well, but now when burn with Nero burning ROM 8, there’s an area where the laser didn’t burned. The laser just jump over another track, so the disc will looks like multisession-burned, instead of DAO-burned. I got this symtomp whether burn Data disc or DVD-Video disc with nero.

I tried another software like Alcohol 120%, and got this mark between area which burn with high speed and area which burn with low speed. i mean, when you burn a disc, speed does not go 8x alltime, instead it will calibrate like, in the inner side the speed is slow, and got higher outer, but drop speed when reach 80% or so. And it leave a mark like dark side and light side in the data surface of the disc. No laser jump, but only difference mark. the disc still can be multiplied, butin the laser jump disc, the disc can not be multiplied again, and there’s an error message:
LBA Unrecovered Error.
Can not read LBA.
in the Alcohol120%. I used the newest alcohol.

Anybody found the same situation?
thanks for explanation why would this happened.

[QUOTE=motherboard;2115598]there’s an area where the laser didn’t burned. The laser just jump over another track, so the disc will looks like multisession-burned, instead of DAO-burned. I got this symtomp whether burn Data disc or DVD-Video disc with nero.[/QUOTE]If you mean the back of the disc has dark and light rings, this is normal.

I tried another software like Alcohol 120%, and got this mark between area which burn with high speed and area which burn with low speed. i mean, when you burn a disc, speed does not go 8x alltime, instead it will calibrate like, in the inner side the speed is slow, and got higher outer,
This, too, is normal.
but drop speed when reach 80% or so.
This is not normal for good media.
And it leave a mark like dark side and light side in the data surface of the disc. No laser jump, but only difference mark.
Like above, light and dark bands are normal.
the disc still can be multiplied, butin the laser jump disc, the disc can not be multiplied again, and there’s an error message:
LBA Unrecovered Error.
Can not read LBA.
in the Alcohol120%. I used the newest alcohol.

Anybody found the same situation?
thanks for explanation why would this happened.
What media are you using? [like Verbatim DVD+R, Sony DVD-R, etc]

And can you post a screenshot or the burn log?

Well, not only dark and light bands. If I got dark and light bands, the disc still can be multiplied again coz there’s no laser jump.

But in the laser jump disc, there’s an area where the laser didn’t burn. asume you burn DVD Video disc with Nero, the result disc should be DAO, and impossible there’s an area where the laser didn’t burn like in the Multisession or multiborder burn. But in my situation, i burn DVD Video disc and the result disc is like multisession burn, so when I read the result disc again, Nero and Alcohol just can not read the area where the laser didn’t burn, thus it said LBA Error reading.

I use Kachi DVD-R 8x MID: TYG03 (taiyo yuden) and TDK CMC MAG AM3 16x DVD-R. burn speed is 12x.

My silly, I didn’t screencap the error message. i’ll have it next time I got this laserjump result.

I have flashed firmware to SB002 from the samsung website. originally is SB001. first it burn well, but then like above situation I got. Tried to tweak using Enhanced OPC, but don’t working so I flashed back to the initial SB002 from samsung.

[QUOTE=motherboard;2115927]I have flashed firmware to SB002 from the samsung website. originally is SB001. first it burn well, but then like above situation I got. Tried to tweak using Enhanced OPC, but don’t working so I flashed back to the initial SB002 from samsung.[/QUOTE]
Did your problem start when you upgraded to the SB002 firmware?

Are you having the problem on everything you try to burn or just on the same video file?

Is your hard drive almost completely full?

Can you try to burn something you had success with before and use ImgBurn instead of Nero? (It’s free, and doesn’t cause anywhere near as many problems…)

Did you accidentally get one of those foam packaging rings stuck in the drive? (If nothing else works, I would take the covers off the drive and make sure the laser carriage slides freely back and forth on the rails.)

[QUOTE=motherboard;2115927]I use Kachi DVD-R 8x MID: TYG03 (taiyo yuden)[/QUOTE]As far as I know, that’s fake Taiyo Yuden. Try to avoid using it.

and TDK CMC MAG AM3 16x DVD-R.
That might be OK, but it’s still not the best.

[QUOTE=LesStrater;2116002]Did your problem start when you upgraded to the SB002 firmware?

Are you having the problem on everything you try to burn or just on the same video file?

Is your hard drive almost completely full?

Can you try to burn something you had success with before and use ImgBurn instead of Nero? (It’s free, and doesn’t cause anywhere near as many problems…)

Did you accidentally get one of those foam packaging rings stuck in the drive? (If nothing else works, I would take the covers off the drive and make sure the laser carriage slides freely back and forth on the rails.)[/QUOTE]

Yes, my problem start after upgrade to SB002 firmware, but not immidiately. i upgraded to SB002 after about 3-4 days I bought the drive.

My HDD is not in full capacity, and there’s no foam packaging rings stuck in my drive.

[QUOTE=Albert;2116037]As far as I know, that’s fake Taiyo Yuden. Try to avoid using it. That might be OK, but it’s still not the best.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I know it’s fake Taiyo Yuden, but this disc burned well with my BenQ DW2010, and never got any problem. Even with my Liteon SOHW832S which had been sold, and my Pioneer DVR 215 BK which then I replaced it with Benq dw 2010, notihng wrong with any of those drive. Got problem only with the Samsung drive. :frowning: