SH-S202H as a slave doesn't recognized at POST

I have a TSST SH-M522C combo drive already installed in the system.
I’m trying to install SH-S202H/BEBE (SB00 f/w) too (as a slave).
But the POST routine ignores it regardless of jumper settings.
What’s wrong?:bow:

BTW, the Windoze (XP/SP2) reports YT9384M STB211L SCSI CD-ROM device, which was never installed (and I have no SCSI at all)…

The POST problem has been fixed: the old combo drive was switched into the slave, while the new one is the master now - POST routine paassed ok - both drives were detected.

Windoze reported new hardware, installed something, but there are no OLD dirve in the device manager now… It seems, they cannot work as “slave”??

Hi and Welcomequote=q@q;2029440

BTW, the Windoze (XP/SP2) reports YT9384M STB211L SCSI CD-ROM device, which was never installed (and I have no SCSI at all)…[/quote]this is a virtual drive installed by Alcohol, DaemonTools or similar software.

The POST problem has been fixed: the old combo drive was switched into the slave, while the new one is the master now - POST routine paassed ok - both drives were detected.

Windoze reported new hardware, installed something, but there are no OLD dirve in the device manager now…
OLD drives? :confused:
It seems, they cannot work as “slave”??
Make sure, the drives are properly connected, also using a new cable (preferably 80wired, 18" flat ribbon), is a good idea.
The drive configured as Master, should be attached to the end connector of the cable, the Slave drive at the middle connector.

Michael

[QUOTE=q@q;2029440]I have a TSST SH-M522C combo drive already installed in the system…[/QUOTE]What is your system.
Please provide compu name and model, motherboard type if possible. :wink:

Also, check BIOS settings your slave drive is not blocked.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2029726]Hi and Welcome!this is a virtual drive installed by Alcohol, DaemonTools or similar software.[/QUOTE]yepp, they were (DaemonTools).

[QUOTE=mciahel;2029726]OLD drives? :confused:[/QUOTE]I mean, my old CD-RW/DVD-ROM-combo…

[QUOTE=mciahel;2029726] Make sure, the drives are properly connected, also using a new cable (preferably 80wired, 18" flat ribbon), is a good idea.[/QUOTE] Yes, they are. I aint sure about 18", but it is normal IDE flat cable.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2029726]The drive configured as Master, should be attached to the end connector of the cable, the Slave drive at the middle connector.[/QUOTE]It was my FIRST attempt - the “old” drive was master and the second was slave. The second one was connected to the inner connector, while the master - to the end (outer).

[QUOTE=pinto2;2029779]What is your system.
Please provide compu name and model, motherboard type if possible. ;)[/QUOTE]
Computer is homebrewn :iagree:
Motherboard is K8M800-M2 (VIA chipset, AMD Socket 754 CPU)

[QUOTE=pinto2;2029779]Also, check BIOS settings your slave drive is not blocked.[/QUOTE]Nothing were blocked.

[QUOTE=q@q;2030196]…Motherboard is K8M800-M2 (VIA chipset, AMD Socket 754 CPU)…[/QUOTE] ECS/Elitegroup I suppose. :wink:

Do you use VIA IDE drivers or the MocoSoft ones.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2030219]ECS/Elitegroup I suppose. ;)[/QUOTE]yepp :wink:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2030219]Do you use VIA IDE drivers or the MocoSoft ones.[/QUOTE]how to make one sure? AFAIR, I’ve not installed any extra drivers since last system reinstall (except for BT stack)

Hi,

you should have VIA’s latest Hyperion Pro drivers (from www.viaarena.com) installed. In case you haven’t, then do that now, but make sure, the Installation of the IDE drivers is unchecked.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2030943]you should have VIA’s latest Hyperion Pro drivers (from www.viaarena.com) installed. In case you haven’t, then do that now, but [U]make sure, the Installation of the IDE drivers is [B]un[/B]checked[/U].[/QUOTE]

Doing right now - will post results after reboot :wink:

Done. VIA Hyperion V516a. Nothing happened. Just like after xyzzy in the start room…

I’ve checked everything [B]except[/B] of PATA/IDE (as you tald me).
Are you sure that was what I need?