SH-S183L CD/DVD Writing Problems

I bought SH-S183L six months ago with Nero 6 OEM, and it was was working fine, writing at CDs at x48, then, I decided to upgrade to Nero 8, I don't know if the upgraded Nero 8 or the new SB02 firmware was the problem, but now the write speed is about x7 (for CDs) and it during the burning, it changes frequently (from x5 to x9) and after the burning that (surprisingly) finishes succesfully I get something like this (I can’t remember it exactly) : “585 buffer underruns avoided error”. Not exactly 585 every time by the way.
I have no idea what is the problem, try to update the firmware (but there wasn’t any newer), scanned for viruses, defragmented hard drive, disabled it in ‘Device Manager’ restarted computer and turned it back on, but nothing helps.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi and Welcome!

to sort out Nero related issues, try other software like ImgBurn (for data only).
If that fails also, you can get back to the previous firmware version and see if the problem still persists.

Michael

Unfortunately, I write almost music/video files, have you got any other software suggestions?

BTW, how exactly to revert to my older firmware,

thank you :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=NotSlyPee;1976810]Unfortunately, I write almost music/video files, have you got any other software suggestions?[/quote]Video files are data files, so ImgBurn will be fine there. This is also valid for mp3 collections and similar.
For CD audio, you might try CDBurnerXP Pro (also freeware).

BTW, how exactly to revert to my older firmware,
Just flash it the same way you flashed the newer version. All firmwares starting from the initial release are available on Samsung website.

thank you :slight_smile:
You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Michael