SH-S183A + Change Booktype to DVD-ROM?

vbimport

Have a SH-S183A, and what someone have told me. The best setting is to set the booktype to DVD-Rom, right?

I have tryed to burn a movie, and on my player its play it smootly.

Hi,

older DVD players have problems with DVD+R or DVD+RW discs. So setting the booktype of these media to DVD-ROM often helps in that case.

I have tryed to burn a movie, and on my player its play it smootly.
Most newer players read nearly anything, so there is no need to be worried unless you want to use that disc in an old player.
If I remember correctly, the newer Samsung DVDRW drives set booktype automagically to DVD-ROM on DVD+R/RW media.

Michael

Seems your memory serves you well… :bigsmile:
And you can add DVD+R DL to that line.

BTW, the very same question was asked just a few posts down. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

does the S183A set booktype to DVD-ROM for +R media automatically, or can it be set manually in Nero 7.0?

Just read this thread and the link given there carefully. Also the §reviews are worth reading: http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/Samsung-SH-S183A-DVD-Burner-Preview/Features.html

Michael

Jepp, I have read that, and it says that the drive supports autobittsetting only with DVD+R Doublelayer media, is that right? What about normal DVVD+R, is it automatically set to DVD+R or DVD±ROM? Can it be altered in Nero? Can it be permanently changed, or do I have to alter it anytime before I write a DVD using in Nero?

The answer is given in post #3 of this thread.

Can it be altered in Nero?
of course. This can also be read in the reviews (of all SH-x18x drives).
Can it be permanently changed, or do I have to alter it anytime before I write a DVD using in Nero?
So you want a permanent setting to DVD+R or +RW?

Michael

I have the same quesiton. hopw do I set a permament booktype with this drive (actually the SH-183L).

Have you read the other posts yet??