SH-S182D problem all discs are DVD-rom

hello, i need help. I have SH-S182D with firmware SB04, but when i burn DVD±R or DVD±RW nero write this error:

this error is too in ashampoo Burning studio 6. I was trying SB01, but is still this error. thx for help.

Are you running Alcohol or Daemon Tools? Certain settings in those softwares will fool some burning software into thinking the disc isn’t writable.

I believe the setting is called “Hide ATIP” or “Ignore CDR media”.

If you can’t find those settings to disable them, then if you have the above softwares, try uninstalling them and see if the problem disappears.

BTW, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thank you very much :slight_smile: :bigsmile: :flower: , yes problem was in deamon tools. And thx for the welcome… :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent…enjoy the drive, it’s a good one :wink: :bigsmile:

i have a similar problem with CD-R discs. Today i was trying to find one of my TY medias and i realized that i can’t retrieve the ATIP data from CD-R(W)s in any application. I checked Alcohol 120% and “Hide recordable media” is disabled. CD writing is without problems.

Can’t this drive read the ATIP from CDs or what the heck ?

Nope, some software on your system is the problem, not the drive.

Ok, i checked all my software and i still couldn’t find out what the hell is blocking my S182D from reading the ADIP info from CD-R(W) discs. It stopped to bother me until today.
I reinstalled my old Sony CRX230ED CD-RW drive, and it is able to read the ADIP data, while the Samsung still not. I guess it rules out the software problem, not ?

Hi,

are you able to get the ATIP from blank CD media? This is the behaviour of my 163: If a written CD-R is inserted, the drive is indeed not able to show the ATIP. No problem with blanks fresh from the spindle.
If you could post the output of “Disc Info” from CD/DVD speed, this would be great.

Michael

damn, you’re right ! how come i didn’t think of trying a blank disc :doh:
it seemed to me suspicious that the drive can burn CDs without the ATIP info…
I’m curious if this behaviour is intentional, like a “Hide CD-R Media” option natively supported by the drive itself, or just a bug in the FW

anyways, disc info follows:

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : CMC Magnetics
MID : 97m26s66f
Write speeds: : 8 X - 16 X - 24 X - 32 X - 40 X - 48 X
Capacity: : 79:59.71
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - D0 00 98 00 61 1A 42 00 4F 3B 47 00 00 00 80 00 - …a.B.O;G…
0010 - 00 80 00 00 00 80 80 00 - …

Hi,

Seems to be a “feature” as my SH-W163A is much older than your 18x drive.

Michael