SH-S182D cant read DATA DVD's on my system...but it works on another system!

Somebody can help me?
I bought in November of 2006 a Samsung SH-S182D that was working perfectly until I to format my PC in the last week.
I’ve formatted and installed the windows XP and I made all the updates…

When tryed to access one old DATA DVD that I use the same drive to record I got nothing. The system says that the DVD is blank!

The first thing I did was to update the firmware to the newest SB05!! Still not working.

I installed then the software that used to record my things: Roxio Easy Media Creator…and nothing… continues giving the blank media!

I installed the Nero that came with the drive… Nothing… continues giving blank media.

I decided then to make another test… I’ve installed the the drive in another machine…there it go…worked just fine…it read my media with all my data inside!

I saw then that the problem is not with the drive and so with some configuration in my machine!

Somebody can say what could be causing this problem?

I forgot to say that I tryed to read the disc with ISO Buster and it also says BLANK DISC!!!

Pentium IV 3.4
2Gb DDR
MB Intel D865 PERL
Windows XP Pro…updated

Sounds like the same problem I had…Samsung and their firmware are a real pain in the bum :frowning:
check my thread here or redo the firmware updates

Wow…thak you robsolob…I did check your thread…but it was the other tip you gave me that solved my problem!!!

I “re did” the firmware update using the same version SB05…it works!!!
Now the drive reads my data DVD’s (at least most of them) althoug it seems to be a litle slower than it was before I format the pc…

oh well… let’s hope the next samsung firmware solve these problems!!

thank you again!