SH-S162L Problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S162L / TS-H652L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey guys,
Thanks for reading. You see, I have this SH-S162L and apparently, whenever I place a disk inside, the burner just doesn’t pick it up at all. I try to open up the drive and it says ‘Please insert disk into drive’. I found out my friend wanted to copy a dvd but then the burner locked the dvd inside. We somehow managed to open up the disk tray again, but now it just won’t pick up the dvd inside. I tried to burn something on Alcohol 120% and I had a blank dvd inside and all, but when I started burning, it just says that there’s no disk in the device. I’ve tried updating the firmware, but since it’s an external burner connected to a USB, it just gives the message ‘This Firmware is not compatible with the selected device.’ I’m at a lost on what to do so if you guys have any suggestions then that’d be great. And I think I’m out on warranty as well.
Thanks.

Hi and Welcome!

to sort out issues with your drive hardware, try the drive with another computer please.

Michael

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve already tried the drive on another computer but the same problem still occurs.

Hi,[quote=tezuka11;2201809]Thanks for the welcome. I’ve already tried the drive on another computer but the same problem still occurs.[/quote]Then the drive has probably gone bad.
You may try to open it and clean the lens, but I am not sure if that helps.

Michael

Alright, I’ll see if I can get this thing open. It’s apparently designed by F.A. Porsche so the main drive is covered by some protective plastic.