SH-203N writes DL but can't read afterwards

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203N / TS-H653N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I can read the DVD+R DL blank disks and write them. But, after writing completes, I can’t read it anymore. The drive just spins at first and then I can hear the head move back and forth, forever. Single layer DVDs are fine.

In all other drives/players the DL disc reads fine, just not in the burner where I burned it. Any possible causes for this? Anything I could do to diagnose/fix it?

disc brand in Phillips

thank you

actually disc brand is Memorex. got confused.

also, if I put in blank disc, burn it, I can read it fine until the disc is ejected. once ejected, when I try to put it back in, drive won’t initialize.

Hi and Welcome!

please try good media. Memowrecks are not in this category. If you want play safe, get Verbatim, preferably 2.4x rated, “Made in Singapore”.

Michael

I will when I get a chance.

on a side note, I tried recorded dvds on the friend’s machine, which has exactly the same drive, same firmware SB02, same controller chipset (ICH10R) and it read them like a charm. soo, there’s some difference between my drive and his, even though we purchased them about 3 months apart.

solved this by opening the drive. there was a small piece of dirt on the lens. it looked like brown paper, so looks like it came from packaging. removed it and everything started to work fine again.

[QUOTE=ornus;2278024]solved this by opening the drive. there was a small piece of dirt on the lens. it looked like brown paper, so looks like it came from packaging. removed it and everything started to work fine again.[/QUOTE]:eek:
Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Michael