Sh-203n & cd speed!

vbimport

hello everyone,

It seems nobody onsite cdfreaks has experienced wot ive experienced after doing some research arround here!!

I have 3 burners installed and working great according device manager:

1 IDE>liteon 20A1P
2 SATA mode (bios) >SH-203B
3 SATA mode (bios) >SH-203N

Now, when Loading cd speed it shows all but 1 dvd writer !?
Its the SH-203N wich is connect to sata just like the SH-203B but not showing up for some strange reason!
But when i checked my buring applications all DVD writers are in place working A ok!?

Iam on an VISTA x64 Ultimate SP1 system currently!
I recall having the same issue when i wos on xp X64 sp2 and fixed it “somehow” (cant remember right now)!!

Suggestions are welcome,

In the meanwhile i search further for an sollution and post it here for poeple whit similar problems.

regards,

jannenba,

Hi,

swap the 203B and the 203N. I expect the 203B to “vanish” then.
“Drive not present in CD/DVD Speed” is an issue which is not unknown, so this topic is better suited in the Blank Media Testing Software forum. I’ll move this thread there.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2138373]Hi,

swap the 203B and the 203N. I expect the 203B to “vanish” then.
“Drive not present in CD/DVD Speed” is an issue which is not unknown, so this topic is better suited in the Blank Media Testing Software forum. I’ll move this thread there.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Wot will i gain by swapping them if you’re so sure the other one most likely will dissapear instead?

How do i solve this whitout swapping drives, if this is an common/known problem?

Any links where this issue is discussed perhaps?

regards,

jannenba,

Ive thought this topic woud end most likely in a BiG BumP

Thanks anyway,

jannenba,

[quote=Jannenba;2138426]Wot will i gain by swapping them if you’re so sure the other one most likely will dissapear instead?

How do i solve this whitout swapping drives, if this is an common/known problem?[/quote]this is no solution, but a test to confirm the assumption mentioned above.

Any links where this issue is discussed perhaps?
There are some single posts from members who have lots of drives installed, Bob for instance complained.

I really have no idea what the problem is here, need more info. Erik Deppe fixed my problem awhile back. I only use Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 > http://cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip and not the whole Nero app and i put Nero wnaspi32.dll in the same folder, make a short cut, and place it on my desktop for easy access. I’m using Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit and have no problems even with the newest Nero DiscSpeed 5.0.1.250 showing 12 drives > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2136976-post26.html

With Nero 9 there is a DriveLocker.dll that comes with it and i notice some of my drives not showing up. Here is what i posted on that problem > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/nero-discspeed-5-0-1-250-released-betanews-253673/index2.html#post2137842

Also it might be the SATA controller on your mobo like Michael said and the reason he said switch them and see what happens. It might be you have Raid turned on that SATA port. Try different SATA ports and see.

Hope this helps.

So exactly what are you using, the whole Nero app (and what version) or just like i am with the stand alone Nero CD-DVD Speed (what version)?

[QUOTE=Bob;2138901]I really have no idea what the problem is here, need more info. Erik Deppe fixed my problem awhile back. I only use Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 > http://cdspeed2000.com/files/NeroCDSpeed_47716.zip and not the whole Nero app and i put Nero wnaspi32.dll in the same folder, make a short cut, and place it on my desktop for easy access. I’m using Vi$ta Ultimate 64 bit and have no problems even with the newest Nero DiscSpeed 5.0.1.250 showing 12 drives > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2136976-post26.html

With Nero 9 there is a DriveLocker.dll that comes with it and i notice some of my drives not showing up. Here is what i posted on that problem > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/nero-discspeed-5-0-1-250-released-betanews-253673/index2.html#post2137842

Also it might be the SATA controller on your mobo like Michael said and the reason he said switch them and see what happens. It might be you have Raid turned on that SATA port. Try different SATA ports and see.

Hope this helps.

So exactly what are you using, the whole Nero app (and what version) or just like i am with the stand alone Nero CD-DVD Speed (what version)?[/QUOTE]

Thats more like it and i like to thank you for your efforts sorting this out :clap:

Whit wot kind of info can i help you any further to begin whit?

Most of your post covers the usage of NERO 9 AIO application, wich may be the cause of this issue!!

I must say, i have had this problem even BEFORE i have installed any NERO products on my fresh CLEAN vista install !!

The first time using cdspeed, i tried and started cd speed 4.7.7.15 and the drive in question wos not listed already at that point, wich is why “i think” nero hasnt anything to do whit it! But correct me if iam wrong!

Both those sata drives are hooked on a pci sata controller silicon card whit non-raid bios and raid is disabled through bios aswell. So iam sure they arent in raid mode!

Most likely it has something to do whit how aspi layers works!
Ive searched (even hidden and non-indexed places) for my aspi files on my system and found nothing !?

And from wot ive read online, there arent any official aspi drivers wich supports vista x64 yet !!

I have read the links you posted and found those drivelocker dll files and tried to rename (not deleted) it to see wot it gives! And cdspeed recognize 1 more “virtual” drive (DT) lol but still not my other physical sata drive :(!!

Oh well…

At least it burns well, no issues using all of my drives though, through any application!! Wheiter its for reading or burning .

edit correction aspi.dll: Found 1 aspi32 dll used by Acronis True image …

regards,
jannenba

OMG i knew it had something to do whit the usage of wnaspi32 dll files…

Every Single Drive are listed now :slight_smile:

Quest solved…

Thanks for supporting me bob and micheal

regards,
jannenba,

Good deal and glad you got it fixed :clap:

About the DriveLocker.dll i just moved it to a temporary place to see if that was the problem which it was. No need to delete it in other words.