SH-182F, model F?

vbimport

Hey, is there a new model for the SH-182??

take a look at this F:
http://www.samsung.com/sg/products/hddodd/opticaldiskdrive/sh_s182f.asp?page=Specifications

Is there any difference from model D? I noticed this one has different firmware version too. Explanations please!!! :doh:

The main difference between 182D and 182F is the used optical pickup. The 182D use an optical pickup from Sony, while the 182F use an optical pickup from Optis.

The 182F is also meant to be released for the Asian (and American?) marked only.

I hope this explanation is good enough. :flower:

Wow. Could that mean a performance difference? :eek:

If there should be any differences at all, I believe they would be very minimal.

The Optis optical pickups have also been used before in previous drives from Samsung on the Asian (and American) market.

Somewhere i read that the F can write to DVD+DL media at 10x speed while the D models only at 8x

No it is not good, It is perfect! :clap:

I live in Brazil and I saw a guy commenting about his new dvd writer, On the site he bought it was said as D, but when the driver arrived it was F, that’s why I got surprised. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Jan70. :iagree:

could any one tell me where to find review on this model samsung sh-182f
and what about the quality of optical pickup from Optis? is it better than sony Optis or worst ?
also i want to know what vesrion of safedisc this drive support?
and what about it is writting quality? and if it is similar to sh182D model or 182M or samsung 183L or 183A or 184M models?
and if it is support cd overburn till 99 minute?
and if is support c2 error?

could any one tell me where to find review on this model samsung sh-182f
and what about the quality of optical pickup from Optis? is it better than sony Optis or worst ?
also i want to know what vesrion of safedisc this drive support?
and what about it is writting quality? and if it is similar to sh182D model or 182M or samsung 183L or 183A or 184M models?
and if it is support cd overburn till 99 minute?
and if is support c2 error?

I think the pickup doesn’t really make a difference, and the performance should be similar to the other 182s. C2 error scanning is… kind of supported. :slight_smile:

thank u on u reply kg_evilboy
i bought this model 182f for its features.
so i want your opionion is this right decession or i should have bought asus 1608P3S 16x(pionner 111D).
where i use dvd for copying data and games and doesn’t use it for audio ripping.
and will the writing quality effect data dvd reading?
and also what is software that could tell me what safedisc version my drive support(182f) and also other software that tell me if my drive support c2 error s other than nero?
thank u

Split from “CDFreaks presents: The Samsung SH-S182D Review”, as this is not about the review, and merged with SH-S182F thread.

:cop: @m_charmedforever: Do not crosspost. This violates the rules you accepted upon registering. :cop:

Michael

According to this: (From the Samsung Nero upgrade page) ‘F’ is half-height (notebook?) EDIT: NM, They’re all ‘Half Height’ I forgot how big my first ‘Full Height’ 5 MB hard drive was…

Hi, Half Height is the standard size for desktop drives. Slightly confusing…

Michael

Could anyone who have SH-S182F drive check the exact model of its optical pickup unit, please? I’m making the table of TSST drives (with info about chipsets, clones, and pickups), can’t find any info about this drive (and can’t check it by myself - this drive was never available in place I live in), only about the chipset (same as in SH-S182D).

Thanks in advance!