Several Questions About My Recently Softmodded Wii

vbimport

Being new to the Wii softmodding scene I have some questions about the Wii I recently modded. Any help will be appreciated.

1. I’ve read that not all external USB 2.0 hard drives work well with the Wii. Please let me know the makes and models of the ones known not to have problems.

2. I want to get a 2TB HD (configured as two 1 TB partitions) so I have lots of room for future expansion. Will I run into any problems with that size drive (2TB)?

3. If I, on that same drive, set up a small third partition as FAT32 to put things like the SNES games (as well as other games) would I be able to access it with USB Loader GX or by some other way?

4. Would I also be able to put and use the “Hack My Wii” files on that third partition instead of keeping those files on my SD card?

Thanks in advance for your help.

[QUOTE=Game_Junkie;2511843]1. I’ve read that not all external USB 2.0 hard drives work well with the Wii. Please let me know the makes and models of the ones known not to have problems.[/QUOTE]

i have setup several and personally use two Western Digital My Book 1TB External Hard Drives.

ive also setup a couple seagate freeagent drives.

1. I want to get a 2TB HD (configured as two 1 TB partitions) so I have lots of room for future expansion. Will I run into any problems with that size drive (2TB)?

2 TB is more than you will need. i have both my 1TB drives setup the same, use one as a backup incase something happens. i have 925 GB set as WBFS and currently have 361 games with 258 GB free. the maximum games any WBFS can hold is 500, no matter the size.

1. If I, on that same drive, set up a small third partition as FAT32 to put things like the SNES games (as well as other games) would I be able to access it with USB Loader GX or by some other way?

yes, USB directory works for many apps, including all the popular emulators.

1. Would I also be able to put and use the “Hack My Wii” files on that third partition instead of keeping those files on my SD card?

Hack My Wii must be completed using an SD card. however after the modding you can place the apps to USB directory for further use. the only problem i have is using MPlayer_CE. this works best from SD.