Setup for IP reception

Hey guys,

I would like to know what kind of equipment and software would I need if I would like to set-up a PC that is able to recieve IP traffic from a sattelite’s downstream beam. Is this the right place to ask?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=loudbob;2212240]Hey guys,

I would like to know what kind of equipment and software would I need if I would like to set-up a PC that is able to recieve IP traffic from a sattelite’s downstream beam. Is this the right place to ask?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I would look at the http://club.cdfreaks.com/f90/turning-your-pc-into-satellite-receiver-pvr-95214/ thread that is stickied at the top…

Hey Carfanatic,

I have read the post before opening this thread. Maybe I just didnt get the post right.

I’m not looking for a way to watch satellite TV, rather for a way to record IP traffic passing on some channels.

What software and hardware are recommeneded for this purposes?
I know of a program called SkyGrabber, but i would like to find more general alternatives.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=loudbob;2212240]Hey guys,

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, because that is illegal.