Settings for SD 2.51.021

The latest SD Revision has caused the burning community a bit of trouble lately but I suspect things are not as bad as first thought. Well it seems as though a pattern is emerging. From what I can gather not every SD2 capable burner has been done over altogether.

The following burners have reported success that work in other devices:

Lite-On LTR 12102B, 24x & 32x
Plextor PX-1210A 1610A & 2410A
Plextor PX-W8220 SCSI
Plextor PX-R820 (SCSI)
LG GCE-8160B
Philips PCRW-804K/B (Atapi)
Acer CRW-1208A

And I’m pretty sure that the ASUS 16x will work as well…just waiting for that report from someone!

Here’s the trick: Read at 4x & burn at the rated speed of the writer.

If reading from an SD2 compatible burner then read at 4x and burn at the rated speed of the writer (i.e. not “max”) on quality, speed certified media.

If reading from a Toshiba or Lite-On DVD-ROM you can read at max but again burn at the rated speed of the writer (i.e. not “max”) on quality, speed certified media.

If reading from another device then read at 4x.

Reducing the burn speed will produce results if the rated speed method does not work.

You can test the image with Daemon Tools Virtual Drive before burning…don’t forget to turn SD emulation off when testing.

Lite-On “2B” model LTRs can still read & write at “max”.

Don’t forget to use “Amplify Weak Sectors” where required! Check your writer at SD2 Does It or at elby

More info when it comes to hand.

Thanks for the excellent new info FP :smiley:
I think a final sollution will pop up soon (I hope ;))

“Don’t forget to use “Amplify Weak Sectors” where required! Check your writer at SD2 Does It or at elby”

mm imho you can only see if your writer needs the AWS function under

www.cdcloning.tk
(formally leech.at/sd2brenner)

:wink:

InSOMniA

Nice plug…haven’t forgotten you :wink:

another quality post from FutureProof…clap clap clap…

I’ve posted this info on the CD Freaks mainpage. Let’s see if we can get some more information/feedback on this.

Has any1 tried making an image with Clone CD and then mounting it in FantomCD and using FantomCD to burn the image?

I don’t have a SD2 compatible burner (HP8200) and this allowed me to copy Red Alert 2 just fine.

i burnt a copy of Flight Sim 2002 using CloneCD on an ACER CRW 2010A, the settings were 4x read and max write,

and i could install from the burnt CD,

im soo glad this worked, thanks everyone for making this information available to me :slight_smile:

and hope you can have as much success as me in burning SD2 games,

cyaz

When i get my hands on a SD2.51… protected game i will post results from my SCSI PX12/4/32. That drive is basically the same as the 12/10/32 but without Burnproof and (obviously) slower RW-speed, but that shouldn’t matter.

Originally posted by CSKing
i burnt a copy of Flight Sim 2002 using CloneCD on an ACER CRW 2010A, the settings were 4x read and max write
cyaz

That’s great, except that FS2002 has safedisc, not safedisc 2… :wink:

:confused: if i have the LG GCE 8160B burner and i got a not working version of MOH from a friend, can i create a new bin file and then burn? or should i get the original bin files on a cd from him and then burn them on new cd’s?

:rolleyes: :eek: :o

and CDRWin gives me an error, ’ could not initialize aspi manager’

and now i can;t burn cds with that prog… how do i resolve this?:confused: :frowning:

Originally posted by G33RT
[B]:confused: if i have the LG GCE 8160B burner and i got a not working version of MOH from a friend, can i create a new bin file and then burn? or should i get the original bin files on a cd from him and then burn them on new cd’s?

:rolleyes: :eek: :o

and CDRWin gives me an error, ’ could not initialize aspi manager’

and now i can;t burn cds with that prog… how do i resolve this?:confused: :frowning: [/B]
If you obtained the game via BIN files I think you have a cracked/patched version with the original protection removed. You can burn it however you want since it’s now a normal Data compilation.

CDRWin has its own build-in ASPI now. Download the latest version from www.goldenhawk.com and rerun the install. When asked select yes to install the ASPI layer.

dankjewel GameFreak…

ennum moet ie dan ook echt werken? ik bedoel zal ie dan werken?

vergeet niet dat ik die bin files zelf heb gemaakt uit een CD… die gemaakt is door flt-moh.bin te converteren naar iso met bin2iso en daarna uitgepakt (raw) met isobuster, vervolgens met winoncd op een cd gezet (nee ik gebruik geen roxio een vriend heeft um voor me gebrand)

Mind your language :wink: English forum…

Well like I thought you have a cracked version of which the protection has been removed. When you extracted the BIN to ISO and extracted the files again with IsoBuster you just got the files with which the BIN was created in the first place. The .EXE has probably been replaced by a cracked version.

The flt-moh stands for the Fairlight release of Medal of Honor I think. You do own the original right? :wink:

no i don’t own the original and NO the original exe hasn’t been replaced in on [cd2]\crack because when i run MOHAA without crack it reads ‘please insert the correct cd-rom, select ok and restart application’

BUT when i DO crack it, it gives a ‘recursive error: couldn’t load font face verdana’ , whilst the demo does… so its a wrong crack… (fairlight crack for 1.10 US version, from
GameCopyWorld) i have no idea how i can solve this

en ik zal niet meer in het nederlands lullen… althans niet hiero

and, G@M3FR3@K, please check this link http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=219504

anyone got settings for an LG GCE-8160B? with Clone CD or CDRwin for MOHAA as bin-files

anyone got settings for an LG GCE-8160B? with Clone CD or CDRwin for MOHAA as bin-files

I don’t realize what you are talking about dude!

Are you sure you are in the right place? This is a CloneCD forum, and you are asking for help with BIN files! How can you ever use CloneCD to burn BIN files??? :confused:

I guess you should start a new topic somewhere else…

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
[B]

That’s great, except that FS2002 has safedisc, not safedisc 2… :wink: [/B]

clonyxl told me it was safedisc2

oh ok,

i though microsoft was using this new version of protection,

sorry

ZORAX quote:

I don’t realize what you are talking about dude!

Are you sure you are in the right place? This is a CloneCD forum, and you are asking for help with BIN files! How can you ever use CloneCD to burn BIN files???

I guess you should start a new topic somewhere else…

no i mean should i unpack the bin stuff and burn that with clone cd or should i directly burn with cdrwin? this is related to clone cd so…