Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Here is a video tutorial. Updated 9-10-09. Be sure to view in HD and full screen, looks nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqEitFQu04k

There is an easy way to set DVDFab and ImgBurn for your needs.
Very easy takes less than 2 minutes.
Once setup you will not have to click any additional buttons when using ImgBurn with DVDFab to burn single layer DVD5 media.

Download and install imgburn.
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Set DVDFab to use ImgBurn burn engine and recommended speed
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsWrite

[ol]
[li]Click Common Settings in the upper right corner
[/li][li]Click the Write Tab under DVD / Blu-ray
[/li][li]Select ImgBurn Burn Engine
[/li][li]Select Recommended Write Speed [only for use with ImgBurn Auto Write Speed]
[/li][li]Select OK and restart DVDFab to apply the changed settings
[/li][/ol]

Set ImgBurn Automatic Write Speeds [AWS]
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4249

[ol]
[li]Insert your blank dvd media
[/li][li]Click Write Mode from the EZ-Mode Picker
[/li][li]Select AWS as your Write Speed
[/li][li]Click Change Automatic Write Speed
[/li][li]Select the desired Write Speed
[/li][li]Click Add
[/li][li]Set the AWS for each brand/mid of blank media you will use. You may also select different write speeds for multiple burning drives.
[/li][li]Click OK
[/li][li]Click Tools Menu
[/li][li]Select Settings…
[/li][li]Click the Build Tab
[/li][li]Click Page 2
[/li][li]Select Don’t Prompt Image Details
[/li][li]Select Don’t Prompt Volume Label and Auto Answer ‘Yes’
[/li][li]Click OK
[/li][/ol]

Then just copy and burn as usual.
DVDFab will automatically open ImgBurn and automatically Close when the burn is finished.

Please feel free to post any comments or questions.

troy512

Why would I have a need to do this? Does DVD Fab work better with ImgBurn? Just wondering.

Great tutorial alan1476

Can’t get any easier than that.

@wildcatman

Some of us like it better, not sure I would go as far as saying it works better.

Though there have been times when the VSO engine did not work for some of us and Imgburn was the best alternative at the time and it does so much more by itself.

[QUOTE=wildcatman;2437563]Why would I have a need to do this? Does DVD Fab work better with ImgBurn? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Hi wildcatman
No there is no need to use ImgBurn if you don’t want to :smiley:
and DVDFab works the same with it’s internal burn engine(VSO) as it does with Nero burning rom or ImgBurn :cool:

However most users of DVDFab do use ImgBurn as the burn engine because ImgBurn has better control of the drive/burner and the burn speed :bigsmile: plus it is more compatible with low to poor quality media where the VSO or Nero can result in failure to burn, another good thing about using ImgBurn is that you can set different write speeds according to the different MID(media ID) that is found on the different brands thus eliminating the need to change burn speed :wink:

SJ

Thanks Guys

[QUOTE=wildcatman;2437575]Thanks Guys[/QUOTE]

Your welcome glad we was able to answer your question :wink:

[QUOTE=bean55;2437566][B]Great tutorial alan1476[/B]

Can’t get any easier than that.

@wildcatman

Some of us like it better, not sure I would go as far as saying it works better.

Though there have been times when the VSO engine did not work for some of us and Imgburn was the best alternative at the time and it does so much more by itself.[/QUOTE]
I just posted it. It was written by Troy512. He deserves all the credit. :wink:

Well then

Thank You Troy512

Great Tutorial :clap: :clap:

:smiley:

alan1476 (and Troy512) and StormJumper,

Excellent instructions and explanations. Have used mostly vso and on occaision Nero, but I think I’ll give ImgBurn a try. Just one more option and the individual/multiple MID setup would make things easier.

It’s been awhile since I’ve stopped by but it’s nice to know there is still so much good information and assistance here.

Thank you very much,

David

[QUOTE=uncle dhp;2438459]alan1476 (and Troy512) and StormJumper,

Excellent instructions and explanations. Have used mostly vso and on occaision Nero, but I think I’ll give ImgBurn a try. Just one more option and the individual/multiple MID setup would make things easier.

It’s been awhile since I’ve stopped by but it’s nice to know there is still so much good information and assistance here.

Thank you very much,

David[/QUOTE] Welcome to the MyCE/CdFreaks Forums, if you have any questions or need assistance with anything here please don’t hesitate to post.:wink:

Alan1476,

I’m definately not afraid to ask when I need help. I know it looks like I’m new here in a sense I am. All of my posts to the old DVDFab forum were lost during the transition to CDFreaks. I still recognize some of the names once in awhile. Almost like going home after being gone for a long time…lol…

[QUOTE=uncle dhp;2438483]Alan1476,

I’m definately not afraid to ask when I need help. I know it looks like I’m new here in a sense I am. All of my posts to the old DVDFab forum were lost during the transition to CDFreaks. I still recognize some of the names once in awhile.[B] Almost like going home after being gone for a long time…[/B]…lol…[/QUOTE]
Then welcome home old friend.:wink: Glad to see you here.

Thought I’d give this a try tonight after creating an over sized home made dvd using TMPG DVD Author. I’ve used Imgburn for years and liked it. While TMPG can encode a dvd project that’s larger than DVD-5, I’ve recently started using Fab to handle those duties. Set Fab to use Imgburn, and it worked perfectly. Very nice.