Setting up a DVD-Video compilation in Nero

Using Nero v6.0.0.19? This version doesn’t work with the Profile listed in this tutorial. Read the message I’ve added the beginning of the post…

Thanks,

So i should just use the default properties under dvd-video in nero then? Will i need to change any settings?

Thanks again for your help.

If I’m correct you can’t really change any settings when you choose the DVD-Video profile in Nero 6. I’m currently using Nero 5.5 so I can’t be 100% sure. Please ask again if you can change any settings and want to know which option you should choose.

Actually there are a few options but i just left everything as is. I burnt my DVD+R and it works in my standalone and my PS2, including all special features and title menu.

Thank you G@M3FR3@K
I can know burn DVD’s in the simplest way possible without paying 100’s on software like DVD xcopy platinum. Thanks again for all your help.

Neoh

Just wanted to say thanks it has saved me 100s and keeped my five year old son happy for hours:bow: :bow: :bow: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Using Nero v6.0.0.19? This version doesn’t work with the Profile listed in this tutorial. Read the message I’ve added the beginning of the post…

Hi G@M3FR3@K, I had already tried using the profile with Nero v6.0.0.19 before I went back and read the post again. Why do you say it will not work? The reason I ask is I have been using it and my dvd’s work in all 3 of the DVD players I have tried them in. :confused:

Really? In my case it didn’t work properly when I switched to Nero 6.0.0.19 so that’s why I added the warning notice. But if it works for you then that’s great of course. Which burner are you using?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Really? In my case it didn’t work properly when I switched to Nero 6.0.0.19 so that’s why I added the warning notice. But if it works for you then that’s great of course. Which burner are you using?

I am using a LiteOn LWD-401S ESOG. One other thing is I am checking the x-box compatibiltity box also. ( don’t know if that makes a difference)

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
I am using a LiteOn LWD-401S ESOG. One other thing is I am checking the x-box compatibiltity box also. ( don’t know if that makes a difference)
I’m going to check that now! :wink: Someone already mentioned this and if this is indeed the case, I can simply edit the profile and remove the notice. Thanks for letting me know.

It works indeed. I’ve now added a new Profile to the tutorial. I think the Profile for Nero 60019 will also work for 5.5 but the old one also works. So for now, I’ve added two Profiles. That should do the trick :wink:

Hello,
I have a question about burning the DVD I ripping with DVD2DVD. When I drag the files from the VIDEO_TS folder on my computer to the one on Neo, it says i’m using 1,019.4 MB, can this be correct?? The movie is DreamCatcher, a newer movie.

thanks

Originally posted by muscotch
[B]Hello,
I have a question about burning the DVD I ripping with DVD2DVD. When I drag the files from the VIDEO_TS folder on my computer to the one on Neo, it says i’m using 1,019.4 MB, can this be correct?? The movie is DreamCatcher, a newer movie.

thanks [/B]

Have you tried watching the movie with Power DVD or another DVD player? It seems as thought you only have one 1gb vob file by the size you say it is.

You mean watching it on my computer by opening the ripped file? I haven’t but will now… there are two files, and both open into a player on my computer. The quality looks terrible, but it was my first attempt at backing up a DVD. I did the shining right after this one was finished and that one looks great and fills the disc up. Whats the deal with the DreamCatcher? I am attempting to make my first burn, hopefully it goes well with the shining. I decided to go with the Pioneer A06 over the sony 510 because of price finally in the end…was that a good choice?

Are you using a registered version of DVD2one? If not then the software is limited to only 30 minutes of transcoding or something like that. I personally think you did something wrong with DVD2one and it made only one small file of 1GB. Normally you should have around 4 large files of 1GB and several smaller files of a few kb.

Cheers for this mate. Only just got a DVD-R/RW and was having a nightmare getting films to play on my standalone but this worked a treat.

what about Nero version 6.0.0.2.3 ?

Yes indeed, what about version 6.0.0.23

and what about the Force DVD-Video compatibilty “checked” @ the UDF tab? What’s the difference with selecting “UDF 1.02” & “physical partition”?

Originally posted by gandalf23
[B]Yes indeed, what about version 6.0.0.23

and what about the Force DVD-Video compatibilty “checked” @ the UDF tab? What’s the difference with selecting “UDF 1.02” & “physical partition”? [/B]

Seems alot of people are having problems with .23 . I never update untill I know what the update is for, and I wait for others to try it incase the update has any glitches in it. As for force dvd compatability, I don’t know the difference between that and UDF 1.02 except that I have not had a single bad burn since using it with .19

I have nero 6.0.0.19, can I use “DVD-Video” compilation instead “DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)” compilation ?
Thanks for the help.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]I’ve browsed through this forum and I see that some people don’t know how they should burn a proper DVD-Video disc in Nero Burning ROM. So to help you I’ve made this small tutorial on how I set-up Nero when I want to burn ripped VOB files to an empty DVDR disc. So far, with these settings, my back-ups work in every player I tried, including picky PlayStation 2 and Xbox consoles. Please note that I gathered this information from several other sites since I also had to learn how to burn a good DVDR disc. So I don’t take credit for any of this, I’m just sharing what I know.

1. Getting the settings profile:

Rather than going through all the settings in Nero Burning ROM I’ve set-up a profile which contains all the correct settings. You can download the profiles below. Please note that Nero v6.0.0.19 requires a different profile to make perfect DVD-Video discs:

[ul][li]Profile for Nero 5.5 and 6
[/li][li]Profile for Nero 6.0.0.19[/ul]Please also note that both profiles work with both DVD-R(W) and DVD+R(W) media (depending on what your burner supports and which media your player can play).
[/li]
Hi G@M3FR3@K,
Just wondering if you made any other changes to the profile for .19 (I am assuming you just changed the force xbox compatability).