Setting to DVD+R in nero

vbimport

Hi I just bought a DVR-107D and I am using Nero 6.000, I can not find an option to change from dvd-r which is selected and what it currently burns at.

When I look at at the recorder info it shows the device as a dvd-r device however in the disc types it shows dvd-r and dvd+r.

Am I missing something in Nero or is it a driver issue, if so does anyone know where I can get an updated driver for win2k as I can’t find one on Pioneers site!

Originally posted by Kevstar

I can not find an option to change from dvd-r which is selected and what it currently burns at.

When I look at at the recorder info it shows the device as a dvd-r device however in the disc types it shows dvd-r and dvd+r.

To change what ? There’s is no such option for changing the disc format in Nero - your drive takes care of it.
Can you be more specific about the path in Nero ?

I know I can’t change the disk, I am using + disks and in the disc information confirms they are but when I burn its is buring them in - format.

How do I make nero burn in + format rather than -?

when I burn its is buring them in - format.

How would you determine that those are being burnt as -R ? Where you’re getting that info from ?
What’s the brand and manufacturer of the discs you’re talking about ?

I’m using Infiniti 8x DVD+r disks. In Nero in the bottom right of the screen it says Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D, in recorder>choose recorder the device details says DVD-RW DVR107D but the disk types says DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW and also when it is burning it says DVD-R. The disks don’t play on my PS2 which I beleive is DVD+R. Also if I use the disk information on a burnt disk it specifies it as dvd-r.

I would expect Nero to let me choose whether it writes a DVD+R and DVD-R as the drive supports both but it doesn’t which makes me think it must be the driver I am using. In device manager it states the drive as a pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D and is using the standard cdrom.sys driver.

the disk types says DVD+R/RW DVD-R/RW
Right. But this line means that these partucular formats are supported by your drive, which is true :wink:
It’s the same with my Sony.

In order to ID the media manufacturer download e.g. [COLOR=blue]DVD Identifier V3.2 and run it. [/COLOR]

This help:

** INFO : An Empty Writable Disc Is Recommended For Accurate Results
** INFO : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D [FW 1.05]
** INFO : [DVD+R:RICOHJPN-R01-002]
** INFO : Write Speeds (Supported By This Drive On This Disc) Listed Below

** INFO : GET PERFORMANCE Write Speed Descriptor(s)
Descriptor #1 = 5540 KBPS (4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 3324 KBPS (2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

** INFO : MODE SENSE Write Speed Descriptor(s) [Legacy Command]
Descriptor #1 = 5540 KBPS (4.00x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]
Descriptor #2 = 3324 KBPS (2.40x) - [CLV/Non-Pure CAV]

In device manager it states the drive as a pioneer DVD-RW DVR-107D and is using the standard cdrom.sys driver.
All is fine with that. You worry too much.

All you need to do is to find the media that is gonna be playable in your PS2.
Pls, read > media compatibility

thanks!